Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Can It Be True? 450-hp turbo Cayman GT4 Revealed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Like I said, I'll be happy with either direction. I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Porsche builds a Cayman that significantly outperforms a Carrera S. On the other hand, if the turbo four is the direction they go, it can only help reduce weight especially where it needs it. My biggest concern is not the engine displacement or cylinder count - it's whether the GT4 will be PDK only... I know PDK is fast, etc. etc. (had it in my C4S), but driving a manual is so much more engaging.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

I have to say that this thread (because I scour them religiously), seems to be the most realistic or grounded in its conjecture. We have heard rumors of the 991 S getting the Power Kit standard and I think that a regular 400hp 3.8L Cayman could fall into the car if the powers that be wanted it to have it.

As for why I just stated "won't happen," I was just referring to the 3.8L turbo BS and that's all. NH4's predictions sound decent and not far fetched.

Having raced 911s and Caymans alongside each other for many years, I think that even a Cayman with the GT3 engine would have its pros and cons on a race track vs. big brother the 991 and it would very much rely on the road course in question.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Seriously considering consolidating my track prepped Lotus Elise + daily driver BMW 135i (with many 1M suspension bits converted) for this car. But will have to see the final price and specs. I like the simplicity of having one car, but on the other hand, the whole reason I have two cars is so that one can be very focused and the other can be comfy.

Quick Reply: Can It Be True? 450-hp turbo Cayman GT4 Revealed.