Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cayman Interseries - Tran Fluid Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM
nshanny
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Cayman Interseries - Tran Fluid Overheating

Hi there,

I have been searching through the threads trying to find something specific to the 2011 Cayman (Stock or Interseries) transmission running hot along with the potential causes. I am guessing that the transmission cooling switch is actually the cooling unit for the LSD, which was standard on all Interseries builds.

I was up at Mont-Tremblant for a 3 day event with 2 people driving the car. The first day was a rain day so no issues. The second day was sunny and warm, but again, no issues. The 3rd day started as a rain day, but ended dry. After 40 minutes on the track, my TransT alarm went off indicating that the fluid reached a temp of 285 degrees. This is the first time that this has ever occurred in the 2 years that I have owned the car. I brought the car in and check things out. The cooling radiator was hot along with all lines running in and out, indicating that the pump was actually moving fluid around.

The temperature tended to creep up as the run progressed, hovering around 230 and then moving up to around 255, then onwards to 270+.

The transmission fluid was changed at the beginning of the season along with all other fluids.

Any ideas?

Thanks
nick
Old 07-12-2014, 06:21 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

So you have a cooler and it is working???
Old 12-31-2014, 12:56 PM
rackhenry
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on this?

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayman Interseries - Tran Fluid Overheating