Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.8l 997S Carillo Rod etc...Up for grabs

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:08 PM
cpturbo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3.8l 997S Carillo Rod etc...Up for grabs

I am thinking of selling my 997.1 Carrera S motor that is for my Cayman S. The motor was purchased from FVD and had less than 500 miles on it. It is a sweet motor that I added Carillo rods to, because a friend of mine accidentally dropped a stainless steel washer inside the motor in the region of the crankshaft. Vision Motorsports disassembled the motor, found the washer, and reinstalled the motor with Carillo rods and rod bolts. The motor sounds very cherry in my car. I am in the Bay Area and anyone is welcome to come by my house and inspect the car. This car is hard core badassed. There is a lot going on with it. All of it custom and done by me over 2 years. I will provide pics of the motor as I edit this thread. So stay tuned.

I will also sell my prototype (working like a peach) dry sump system, and 997 2008 Cup World Challenge front end bodywork. All of this is operational. I might also consider selling my GBox repaired OS giken/ short final drive 6 speed transmission. It accelerates like a cup car and will eat GT3s. This car is no joke, at all.

So, this Cayman S can not die from oil starvation or rod failure. It is ready for NA power or TPC turbo and most importantly, plug and play. You just need a computer reflash from softronic, GIAC, EVOMS, etc... All hoses and pieces of this motor are brand new. It has motor lowering kit, also. This way the taller 997s manifold fits with no problem. It will destroy most 911s.

So, why am I selling? Well, I decided to do a GT3 R body fit to it and put in a nasty LS7 or LS3 427 and the accompanying 500+ whp.

Pics coming below and prices will follow. PM me if interested in this project. I can also provide/build anyone this dry sump setup.

I will mirror this post on the planet forum and maybe 6speed. The most hardcore people are here on rennlist!!!

PM me.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Darkstar1
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 135 Posts

How much are you asking?
Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 PM
cpturbo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I decided to keep the car as is. Sorry, but this is the best decision for me. If someone wanted it sooner, it would have been gone. I can be persuaded if the offer is right. Must be north of 16k.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 3.8l 997S Carillo Rod etc...Up for grabs