Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CS Build Date?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
FastJohnson
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CS Build Date?

My First post here!
I plunked down a deposit on a 2010 CS last month. Yesterday I contacted the dealer and ask about the build date. They said the didn't know and would get back to me.
I placed the order Nov. 2 and the dealer said it would be a Dec. build.
When should I know the build date?
Thank you.
Johnson
Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

If they really had an allocation they should have known it. I ordered a base Cayman in early October against a December build and by early November they were able to tell me the build completion date which by the way is 11 December, next Friday. The same has been true of other cars I have ordered. Dealers get allocations for a build month and about 30 days or so before the actual build date they will be able to learn that date and hopefully pass it on to the buyer. I might suggest you ask your dealer did he or she actually have an allocation to put against your order or was it a "hoped for" build month. Now that said there has been some movement in build dates as Porsche has adjusted the number of cars they plan to market.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 AM
FastJohnson
Track Day

Thanks for the info f4 plt
Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

I have a CS on order. Mid Sept order, November build. Completed November 6th. On ship November 17th. Not here (today Dec 7) yet but should be close. It is now quicker to build a car because of the lack of backlog of orders but longer to get it here because it takes longer to fill the ship. Net result.......the same as before. The can tell you several stages. Pre-production, paint, assembly, complete, etc. Count on 3 really long months. But it is worth it. This is the fourth Porsche I have ordered.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

A follow up . My Cayman came out of the factory on Thursday 10 December a day ahead of the original forecast. Production must be moving right along at least for customer ordered vehicles. Now the wait as it is slowly rowed across the Atlantic. For those waiting best of luck and Merry Christmas. I would guess I will see my car around mid January.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

f4, PDK?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pdxjim
f4, PDK?
Yes, I do enjoy shifting and do that in my '83 but there is no getting around it PDK is quicker on the track and eliminates any chance of a mechanical over rev caused by missing a gear on the downshift, even the best have made the mistake under heat. Lastly the PDK combined with sport Chrono optimizes the shift mapping and provides even a better transmission for the track. Even us old guys have to accept technology to stay ahead.

Quick Reply: CS Build Date?