Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beware of the cayman

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 PM
fast lane
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beware of the cayman

That is the title of the article in the april/may issue of christophorus. It has the information some of us have been waiting for. here is the article word for word. When there's a caiman around, says the encyclopedia, other creatures in the swamps and ponds of northern south america become extremely alert. Fish in particular have to swim for cover when this small crocodile goes on the hunt. It only grows to a length of about 1.8 meters (six feet), but is notorious for being extremely agile, aggressive and combative. All of these attributes are shared by the new porsche sports car. The name says it all: the new two-seater sports coupe, which is based on the boxster, is called the cayman. It will roll out this year, in a performance and price class between those of the boxster s and the 911 carrera. Drawing on the company's typical understanding of itself, Porsche engineers and designers have made sure that the Cayman really does have "jaws that bite, and claws that ******." Its 3.4 liter boxer engine delivers 217 kW (295 bhp). With its mid-engine design and superlative weight to power ratio, this is a purebred Porsche. Its most distinctive features include superbly responsive steering, dynamic cornering performance, highly developed braking technology, stand-out styling with muscular contours and generous luggage space. To reflect its best-in-class product qualities, the new sports coupe's name bears the suffix that has distinguished other best-in-class Porsche models: Cayman S. The caimin crocodile---which sometimes winds up as raw material for designer purses and shoes---should be so lucky!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

interesting. I cannot wait to see this car, i hope it is as good as the hype.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
fast lane
Racer

hey giantviper are you in bergen county? I live in bergen.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:15 AM
hly
8th Gear

thanks for the article. I can't wait either. Hope it will look and go awesome...

oh and btw, I am also in northern NJ
Old 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
TheOldMan
Advanced

I saw a Cayman yesterday in Montreal (east bound on the 40 near the 13). It was white and looked very hot. The car I saw was white and was moving quick and in the hands of the driver, looked very nimble. From the back the window forms a partial V shape.

Depending upon the price point, this is going to be a very popular car when it arrives in dealer show rooms.

I found it strange to see this car in Montreal before release. Maybe it was one of the cars they were testing in winter conditions earlier in the year?
Old 04-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I found it strange to see this car in Montreal before release. Maybe it was one of the cars they were testing in winter conditions earlier in the year?
Did it have Quebec plates on it?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:54 PM
TheOldMan
Advanced

The plates did not look out of place, in other words it was either Quebec or Ontario plates. I was more interested in the way the car looked. I must say it looked very nice in white. The car was spotless as well.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my next car will be white. For some reason, that colour suddenly looks great on Porsches to me.

Quick Reply: beware of the cayman