Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Mobridge BT owners...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 04:00 PM
reyxlp
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question for Mobridge BT owners...

I'm using an M2 Pro Most on an '06 Cayenne with an iPhone connected via BT.

Is there a way for notification sounds/events on my phone (SMS, Emails, voice Navigation turn instructions, etc.) to play thru my phone speaker but still have calls (and ideally both calls AND music) routed through the car speakers?

Best example of this is, if I'm driving using Google Maps on my phone but I want to listen to music through the car stereo and be able to take calls thru BT/handsfree- calls are not a problem because the Mobridge always overrides whatever else is going on to take the call and route via BT through the PCM speakers, etc, but for me to get the nav voice instruction or hear any notifications on my iPhone, I can't have the car stereo on because all that stuff gets routed through the BT audio streaming, which is only active when you select it (it won't activate itself to override the radio like a BT phone event will).

I had an 2010 Audi A3 which did not support BT music streaming but somehow when I was paired for BT phone to my iPhone, it would actually send GMaps turn voice instructions through the BT phone connection and also SMS/Email/other phone event notification sounds.

On our 2014 Q5, the you have the option of individually selecting one or both of the BT connections (phone and music streaming)

Aaaaaanyway-- if you have figured out a better way to have this setup and are willing to share your experiences/advice, I'd really appreciate it. And this is the setup I have, so please advise within that - I'm sure there are other newer and more capable BT interfaces and whole replacement head units out there, etc- with respect, please don't tell me to replace my whole setup lol...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Question for Mobridge BT owners...