2016 CD takes me snowmobiling . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by prosled8
Just a few more then!

These days it is the old guys schooling the kids. Three of us nearly 50 yr olds were out with three twenty somethings last weekend. Those boys haven't gotten anything on us yet. Great times for sure.

It always reminds me of the scene in Colors-with Sean Penn-if you ever saw it, where Sean Penn is always working out, is young, and is up against some drug dealer and he is struggling and struggling with the guy when Robert Duval steps in and manhandles the dealer and ends it quick. Like us old(er) guys who have the stamina and experience to still put the younger guys to shame, at least for some types of riding. Good stuff.

I like the open 2 place trailer with the Cayenne. Years ago the CSP stopped me and ticked me with my old Cayenne S and a covered two place trailer. He told me I needed mirror extension for my Cayenne. I started towing with a full size truck... The open trailer is fine because we never drive that far and the sled can be stored in the garage. Also very nice when we start using some of the tighter, freshly bulldozed forest roads this spring. Usually you have to unload, unhook, turn around, re-hook. You may also just keep the old trailer. The new mountain sleds are getting narrower, most with skis at 36" center to center. The more trail oriented sleds are several inches wider but still similar to what they have been for 15+ years. Length is another issue, some hang of the back a little, which is no problem.

I prefer the open trailer as I just put a cover over the sled and while it has all the straps I need to do and undo, it is not too much of a chore to get it on and off. Up here in NH, VT and even ME, we hardly get the kind of snow like you guys do in CO or out west so the amount of power riding we can do is a lot less so my sled is a 121" and all my buddies sleds are either 136 or 156" I'd rather have the wider trailer-someday, than not and someday need the width but that will be down the road as the one I have got a new axle/hubs and the galvanized frame is still in good shape for being 23 years old.

Waiting for a weather change later this week. It has been awefully spring like here, about 6 weeks early.

Our riding is about over for the season. We have warm temps all this week and even 100+ miles up north where I'd need to go to ride, the snow is going quick.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:51 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Air suspension is an option for diesels. I found one in Bend Oregon when looking. Late to the trigger and it was $5K higher in price plus shipping fees across the country so I did not end up with it.
I stand corrected, diesel's can come with air or the PASM. Maybe it was stop-start that I was thinking of.

I'm actually glad I don't have air.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Newegg
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Outstanding Newegg!

As you know, the Touareg TDI is great, but the CD is even GREATER!

If there is one downside at all, and it bothers me not one bit but may others, is that the ride, even with 19" and 265 50 19 is sportier than the 2012 Exec I had with 20" and 275 45 20. I find that as long as I'm not doing any spirited driving no one knows the difference.

Love the pics and I'm one that does not care a whit about who posts what, where. It's all good here in Cayenneland.
in the club

Quick Reply: 2016 CD takes me snowmobiling . . .