Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me GTS Misha

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:00 PM
widebody1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoping mine will go for some time too. Last car I plan to buy for sometime as a weekend car.

The paint is a peral white color, matte finish. Debating whether to have it clear coated to high gloss finish or not. My wife though the paint was old due to it having a matte texture. lol
Old 07-21-2017, 04:09 PM
widebody1
Track Day

Default 100% hidden trailer hitch for GTS Misha conversion

Completely out of sight. I'm running dual muffler, so no clearance issues.

After market hitch with receiver cut off diagonally top to bottom.

Top left is the female end of a ball holder cut to needed length. <br/> Top right is receiver that was cut off, being reused. Now being mounted vertical (up and down). <br/> Bottom is a receiver extension with a 90 degree angle.

With 90 degree receiver extension installed.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,141 Likes on 3,914 Posts

That's awesome. A few questions:
  1. So did the etrailer hitch bolt right onto the car and then you did the custom fabrication to create the straight drop and 90 degree angle to bring it out underneath the bumper?
  2. How long does your 2" receiver have to be to clear the bumper and what kind of step up are you using to get the ball height up to a normal towing level? What's the tow weight rating of the hitch from etrailer?
  3. Are you using the OEM pigtail for the towing harness and how does that connect to the vehicle wiring harness?
  4. Where are you going to mount the electircal connection socket for the trailer plug?
  5. Any interest in fabricating a second one while you have everything apart and can measure all the lengths & angles?

I would probably use it very rarely, but might be nice to have the option to have a secondary tow vehicle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:39 AM
widebody1
Track Day

Hi Petza,
1- Hitch is a direct bolt on. Rated at maximum tongue weight: 500 lbs
Maximum gross towing weight: 5,000 lbs
Length: 4-1/4"
2- I can give you the measurements for fitment. There are a lot of off the shelf ball adapters. It's very easy to match the proper height for your given trailer. This is the one I used, which will need the ball holder.
Curt Vertical Receiver Adapter - 2" to 2", 4-1/4" Long, 2-7/16" Drop
Item # C45013
Adapts your OEM vertical hitch receiver into a standard ball mount platform or horizontal receiver tube. For use in the drop position only. Black powder coated steel resists rust and corrosion.
3/4- The car already has a standard 4 pin electrical plug wired into factory harness.
5- The issue you will have vs mine. Is that you are using a full width muffler. You could still have it hidden, but you would have to issues. Need to cut bumper cover material 2.5''x 2.5'' to provide a window for receiver, but it would difficult to install the pin as in picture one. Because you would have limited room for your hands, as mine is wide open by having dual mufflers.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:54 AM
widebody1
Track Day

Default Widebody wheels without wheel spacers. Stance SF03

I'll post some good pics tomorrow. This pic is from tire store website.

Stance wheels with 15mm offset.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by widebody1
Hi Petza,
1- Hitch is a direct bolt on. Rated at maximum tongue weight: 500 lbs
Maximum gross towing weight: 5,000 lbs
Length: 4-1/4"
2- I can give you the measurements for fitment. There are a lot of off the shelf ball adapters. It's very easy to match the proper height for your given trailer. This is the one I used, which will need the ball holder.
Curt Vertical Receiver Adapter - 2" to 2", 4-1/4" Long, 2-7/16" Drop
Item # C45013
Adapts your OEM vertical hitch receiver into a standard ball mount platform or horizontal receiver tube. For use in the drop position only. Black powder coated steel resists rust and corrosion.
3/4- The car already has a standard 4 pin electrical plug wired into factory harness.
5- The issue you will have vs mine. Is that you are using a full width muffler. You could still have it hidden, but you would have to issues. Need to cut bumper cover material 2.5''x 2.5'' to provide a window for receiver, but it would difficult to install the pin as in picture one. Because you would have limited room for your hands, as mine is wide open by having dual mufflers.
Thanks for the info. Good point on the muffler. Guess I'll continue doing tow duties with my pick-up.

Truck looks great in-front of the tire store.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by widebody1
I'll post some good pics tomorrow. This pic is from tire store website.

Stance wheels with 15mm offset.
Curious what the actual wheel dimensions are - diameter, width, offset, and what size spacers you think you'll end up running?

I'm going to run 22x12s et50 with 315/30 tires and then space them out optimally with something between a 20-35mm DRM-type spacer. Likely the rear spacer will end up a bit thicker than the front one since I don't have to worry about turning clearance.

Quick Reply: New to me GTS Misha