Sponsored By:

CPO warranty and repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:13 PM
plantaris
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CPO warranty and repair

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I need assistance. I got a CPO 14 Cayenne base couple of weeks ago.
The car is awesome to drive, the dealer was a headache to me. The car was not properly cleaned, and needed so far some minor repair which my brother said they should have fixed before gave it to me since it's CPO. Just now looking through this forum I found out about the analog clock's white second comes off. I checked my car and whoa it's not there (fell off). I will be there this mon to have the console fix and the back cover installed. I'm sure clock part has to be ordered. I don't want to come back there if they fixed the initial problem since I have to pass though a $10 toll. Can I bring it to another Porsche dealer closest to me to have the clock fixed?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

You can go to any Porsche dealer with the CPO warranty.

As far as the second hand - it's not difficult to fix - and it can't escape from the clock (it's sitting at the bottom of the dial where you can't see it) - but since it's under CPO the dealer will just replace the clock no questions asked. It's a common failure that a bit of glue can avoid. As far as it needing repair when delivered to you under CPO - that's a no-no with Porsche. You might let Porsche know about it.

What is a "console fix" and what "back cover" ?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:48 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

My clock needed to be replaced for the same reason when I bought my CPO 2014. They had it in stock and said it is one of the most common issues on all Cayennes. It took the tech about 3 minutes to swap it out.

The CPO process misses plenty as it is dependent on the tech actually doing the work and not just checking the box. I had a short with the cigarette lighter that kept popping the fuse - in fact it didn't work when I took delivery, and then repeatedly blew the fuse. On the checklist it said all 12v outlets were working - obviously never even checked.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:05 AM
plantaris
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You can go to any Porsche dealer with the CPO warranty.

As far as the second hand - it's not difficult to fix - and it can't escape from the clock (it's sitting at the bottom of the dial where you can't see it) - but since it's under CPO the dealer will just replace the clock no questions asked. It's a common failure that a bit of glue can avoid. As far as it needing repair when delivered to you under CPO - that's a no-no with Porsche. You might let Porsche know about it.

What is a "console fix" and what "back cover" ?

The arm console in the front and the trunk compartment cover are broken. They told me they ordered the parts. Still have to give me the NY plates and CPO packet. They said this Monday. Now found out about the clock. It was already nighttime when I drove the car out the dealership. They told me everything was cleaned but when I inspect the following day, there were coffee stains on the passenger seat, the person's info who leased the car is still in there. Thought all Porsche dealers are highly reputable. Guess not.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:18 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by plantaris
I don't want to come back there if they fixed the initial problem since I have to pass though a $10 toll.

Speechless ...
Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Nothing like calling Porsche directly and asking them whether your car is listed as CPO. If not, give them the name of the salesperson. The mothership does not like these things to happen.

You can take your car to any Porsche dealer for service under the CPO. They love this kind of warranty work.

As a side note: This is the time to do everything right. The salesperson's attention is still with you because he/she depends on the review you'll give to the upcoming questionaire from the mothership. Akin of a cruise ship staff review.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 AM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Yea, take to to any Porsche dealer, they are paid for the CPO work so they will be your best friend lol
Old 03-03-2017, 11:55 AM
plantaris
Intermediate

Default Follow up

Originally Posted by visitador
Nothing like calling Porsche directly and asking them whether your car is listed as CPO. If not, give them the name of the salesperson. The mothership does not like these things to happen.

You can take your car to any Porsche dealer for service under the CPO. They love this kind of warranty work.

As a side note: This is the time to do everything right. The salesperson's attention is still with you because he/she depends on the review you'll give to the upcoming questionaire from the mothership. Akin of a cruise ship staff review.

I have yet to call and verify if the car is CPO.

I brought the car in and mentioned the clock and mat. They told me they take care of the clock and might have to order the part. After waiting for about 20 min. they gave me a loaner if I want to drive around town and come back in a couple of hours but as I was in the loaner they salesman told me to come back tomorrow. I reminded him about the CPO packet. Following day, told me to come next day and will call me what time.

The day of the pick up waited for 30 min before they showed me the car. Salesman said since I'm nice they change all the tires (continental), valve and balance. Added they gave a new set of carpet mat, wash and clean int.

As per the CPO packet, they gave it to me with all the receipt of work/repair done (center console, clock and tire). did not mention the trunk cover. As I was reading the receipt at home, reads like everything broke in my possession ("customer states") except for tires. I think they just certified (current mileage logged) the car after they've done all the work. On the receipt printout stated as per mgrs. car is CPO. CPO checklist has 3 signatures. Odd thing is they staple the duplicate receipt and 2 white copy of CPO checklist and gave to me with packet unless all work done is logged in the computer.

Quick Reply: CPO warranty and repair