Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have aftermarket warranty in their Cayenne turbo?

Old 11-26-2016, 02:37 AM
dc2000
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Anyone have aftermarket warranty in their Cayenne turbo?

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2008 Cayenne Turbo with 70k miles a few weeks ago. Since then, I had trouble with the ignition coils which happened during a trip. I ended up spending $800 on towing and a rental car, not to mention another $600 on new coils and engine torque arm with overnight shipping. I purchased an aftermarket warranty from ASAP Warranty today (black Friday special); 4 year, 48k mileage coverage with $200 deductable for $2500. Overall, the policy seems to cover a lot, however, it will only cover seals and gaskets if it's part of another repair that is covered. I wanted to get some thoughts on the coverage (link below) and others' experiences with aftermarket warranties. What do y'all think?

https://www.asapwarranty.com/asap-auto-warranty-coverage.html
Old 11-26-2016, 07:07 AM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

The devil is in the details. Their web site is lacking useful information to help compare with other warranties available.

Other than towing and a rental that you paid, most warranties will not cover normal wear and tear items like coils and a torque arm.

Interesting they mention "BBB accredited" but the link to BBB is not active. If you check they have a B rating, review the complaints for yourself.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:01 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

I have easycare and they have been very good to work with. I have the exclusionary version (Total care) and it has more than paid for itself. Most recently it paid for parts and labor at my Indy for upper and lower oil pan gaskets. 2500 bucks.

Also it has paid for control arms, instrument cluster, thermostat, cardan shaft, a/c blower motor, 3 or 4 tires, starter motor, pdcc bushings.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:36 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 8202632
I have easycare and they have been very good to work with. I have the exclusionary version (Total care) and it has more than paid for itself. Most recently it paid for parts and labor at my Indy for upper and lower oil pan gaskets. 2500 bucks.

Also it has paid for control arms, instrument cluster, thermostat, cardan shaft, a/c blower motor, 3 or 4 tires, starter motor, pdcc bushings.
From the easy care site...

EasyCare only covers cars that are under two years old and under 24,000 miles.

Which vehicle in your fleet is covered?
Old 11-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Ex968racer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Extended warranties will rarely cover the cost you paid for it. They wouldn't stay in business otherwise. It's better to take that money and set it aside for repairs.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Rennlist Member

The cayenne turbo s is covered. Not sure about only covering cars under 2 yrs old. I bought my CTTS in 2012 with 17k miles. It's a 2009 model
Old 11-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ex968racer
Extended warranties will rarely cover the cost you paid for it. They wouldn't stay in business otherwise. It's better to take that money and set it aside for repairs.
It really depends on the consumer. Just like any type of insurance, it's about one's view and comfort factor when it comes to risk management. My opinion is do what u need to do to sleep at night. If it was as easy as putting the money aside for repairs instead of buying the warranty, everyone would do that. There would be no market for an extended warranty company.

The basic concept of insurance is the pooling of risk. You actually want your insurance company to stay in business so that they can actually PAY a claim. Too many people look for an ROI on their insurance. The Toyota Camrys that are covered probably won't have any claims, and the range rovers will have abysmal ones. The other factor is how many extended warranties never post claims bc someone trades their car in early and the consumer forgets to apply for a refund of premium.

I firmly believe if you get the longest duration of a exclusionary warranty and drive a German car at average or above average mileage, you will have a major claim if you own the vehicle long enough. You also need to be **** about everything that doesn't seem right with the vehicle. Too many people ignore the signs of something failing on the car.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:38 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Any recommendations on an aftermarket warranty? The independent dealer where I purchased my 2012 CTT (CPO until Jan 2018) offered $4000 a 4yr/48k warranty from "Freedom Warranty" out of Chattanooga. Any comments? Options?
Porsche will CPO it 4yr/48k for $12,500 which, at that rate, I'd self-insure
Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 125 Posts

The condsensus is that Fidelity is the best. I have no exerience or affiliation, but was planning on getting a policy from them if i bought a Cayenne Turbo or Panamera that was still under warranty. Here is a quote from a previous thread by another RLer.

"From all of my research, the fidelity platinum plan is best but the car still has to be under the factory warranty to qualify which based on your year and mileage you should be good. I found Troy from fd-warranty.com to be the most knowledgeable and helpful with the best pricing. Definitely reach out to him:

tdietrich@fd-warranty.com
413-772-0989"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Originally Posted by TomF
The condsensus is that Fidelity is the best. I have no exerience or affiliation, but was planning on getting a policy from them if i bought a Cayenne Turbo or Panamera that was still under warranty. Here is a quote from a previous thread by another RLer.

"From all of my research, the fidelity platinum plan is best but the car still has to be under the factory warranty to qualify which based on your year and mileage you should be good. I found Troy from fd-warranty.com to be the most knowledgeable and helpful with the best pricing. Definitely reach out to him:

tdietrich@fd-warranty.com
413-772-0989"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
TomF
Thanks. Troy said Fidelity wouldn't write a warranty on my 2012 CPO Cayenne. He didn't say why, cant' be the miles, I suspect the years? Other viable options?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:44 PM
pbarch1
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased an aftermarket warranty when I bought my GTS (09) 18 months ago. I think I paid $2200 for it. it covered the cost the first 2 months when I had a major oil leak and starter problems.
Some say it's not worth it. but between the 2 issues, It would have cost me well over 4k,.for me it was a good investment,
Old 05-16-2017, 08:01 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by pbarch1
I purchased an aftermarket warranty when I bought my GTS (09) 18 months ago. I think I paid $2200 for it. it covered the cost the first 2 months when I had a major oil leak and starter problems.
Some say it's not worth it. but between the 2 issues, It would have cost me well over 4k,.for me it was a good investment,
It would be quite helpful to people if you told us the secret- what warranty company was it that actually paid off? Inquiring minds are sure looking for that info..
Old 05-17-2017, 12:49 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
Thanks. Troy said Fidelity wouldn't write a warranty on my 2012 CPO Cayenne. He didn't say why, cant' be the miles, I suspect the years? Other viable options?
Ten to one it's the issue that deilenberger has been writing about for years- the aluminum cam adjuster bolts.

Call the guy back and see if he will warrantee a 2013...I bet they will.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 05-17-2017, 10:58 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Ten to one it's the issue that deilenberger has been writing about for years- the aluminum cam adjuster bolts.

Cheers,
TomF
I'll find time today or tomorrow to do so. You folks on Rennlist have been extremely helpful. The build date of my 2012 was November 2011 so I was careful to examine the cam bolts with a dental mirror. It does not have the anti-tamper pin.

Pbarch1, what company wrote your warranty?
Old 05-17-2017, 11:11 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Cheers,
TomF
Tom, not quite years.. about a year maybe. I bought the '11 CTT in March of 2016.. and didn't find out about the bolt problem for several months.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have aftermarket warranty in their Cayenne turbo?