New to Porsche, first car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 04:27 PM
arild1978
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Porsche, first car.

Hi Guys!

After 18 years and 10 BMW's I finally saw the light and bought my first Porsche.
The car is a 2011 model Cayenne Turbo 958.
Very happy with the car, but missing a couple of options which I intend to retrofit.
I've ordered the back-up camera retrofit, installed 15mm spacers all the way round, tinted all windows except windshield, polished the car since the paint was very worn, so now it looks next to new.

Planned mods in the future will be sport exhaust system, a tune, universal audio interface to work with iphone (display cover art from spotify).

The thing about universal audio interface, it's quite pricey, and I would much rather spend the 470usd on a tune, but coming from BMW and "Connected Drive", I really miss it.

There must be a way to make the usb kit myself. Are all the PCM's the same? Are all the inputs on the PCM's available to the user but not connected? Is the universal audio interface just a cable?

Please answer soon, because I really need to order this
Old 10-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Moving your thread to the Cayenne forum where far more people will see it.

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2016, 04:39 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Congrats on your CTT!

I saw that one of your planned future mods is the sport exhaust system. Just be aware that the Porsche OEM Sport Exhaust is not compatible with the Turbo model for 2011. But there are several aftermarket exhaust choices.

Enjoy the new ride!

Quick Reply: New to Porsche, first car.