Sponsored by:

Reverse mirror issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:17 PM
TommyV
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reverse mirror issue

2008 CTT. I've looked up and used the procedure for setting the memory for the mirrors, etc. If I turn the mirror control **** to the passenger side, so that it will go down and in for reversing, it won't return to the memory position. It comes back up and out, but not where I want it. Any ideas?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Argento
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know on your 08 but on my 14 you have to set the reverse mirror position while in Reverse. and then save to memory. the memory process is sort of explained here

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...one-click.html
Old 09-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine started doing this as well. It goes out but not as far out as I want it so I have to manually set it every time after reversing. It's my wife's DD so I don't drive it that often and forget about it until it happens again. I'm interested to see if anyone knows why this is happening.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:31 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,733 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Mine does it also. 2011 Turbo.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Years ago, I had a similar situation happen with my wife's ML320. It turned out that the mirror glass itself was manually moved downwards towards the end of the motor's full stroke; preventing it from returning to it's original position.

Prior to swapping out the motor, I would first try to physically depress the upper portion of the glass within the mirror housing and then readjust the mirror to a normal setting using the mirror switch; followed by saving your settings to your seat memory switch (key in ignition). You will hear several clicks while doing this as this will not damage the internals. Hope this works.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Taking Andy's advice, I manually pushed the mirror up all of the way and out all of the way, then reset it with the controller and saved the setting. So far the mirror returns to the the "out" position where I want it. The only downside is that it doesn't go quite as far down to see the wheel when in R. But it's still pretty good in that regard too. I also accidentally deleted my wife's settings by pressing her memory button, so we'll see if that also had anything to do with it when we reset her settings.

Quick Reply: Reverse mirror issue