Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 Turbo, anything to look out for? Options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 05:14 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,354 Likes on 677 Posts
Default 2011 Turbo, anything to look out for? Options?

Considering a 2011 Turbo.
Anything to look out for?
Options to look for or skip?

Here's the build:
PDCC
TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint
WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest
Ski bag
ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind
Seat ventilation front
Porsche Entry & Drive
Rear Side Airbags
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Adaptive Cruise Control
Burmester
20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
TPMS
Leather Interior-Platinum Grey
Launch vehicle
Old 09-24-2016, 06:39 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Active cruise is very nice - you don't know it until you have it.
Burmester is very nice.
LCA is nice.

Pano-roof? I think it's pretty standard in the CTT.
4-zone HVAC? Not vital, but nice to have.

Is it a 2-tone interior? The single color light interiors can cause a problem with reflections in the windshield from the dash top. Enough so that Porsche came out with a 2-tone option (which I think is about mandatory now) where the top of the dash is a dark color. Has to do with the angle of the dangle (windshield.)

The one consideration on the 2011 V8's is:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...s-failure.html

Sorry that link isn't to here - but that thread pretty much covers what can be a very expensive potential problem with the 2011 engines. I would strongly suggest that if you're buying the vehicle you make certain to get an extended warranty that will cover things like timing chains and sprockets, at least until Porsche is forced to fix the rest of them (you'll see in the thread.)

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:19 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Considering a 2011 Turbo.
Anything to look out for?
Options to look for or skip?

Here's the build:
PDCC
TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint
WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest
Ski bag
ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind
Seat ventilation front
Porsche Entry & Drive
Rear Side Airbags
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Adaptive Cruise Control
Burmester
20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
TPMS
Leather Interior-Platinum Grey
Launch vehicle

This is a nice build. The Bur and PDCCreally make the car. The2 best options one can have. ACC is awesome also as it comes with PAS.

Don't worry about the interior color. The complaints are from the pampered high and mighty owners who like to complain about everything that isn't perfect. Life isn't perfect. Adapt!

The reflection is thereabout ifyoucook at the road and not the windshield, you won't notice it. There hasn't been one person in the car that noticed this anomaly until I pointed it out. That being said, your gray is gonna do it also.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:18 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
This is a nice build. The Bur and PDCCreally make the car. The2 best options one can have. ACC is awesome also as it comes with PAS.

Don't worry about the interior color. The complaints are from the pampered high and mighty owners who like to complain about everything that isn't perfect. Life isn't perfect. Adapt!

The reflection is thereabout ifyoucook at the road and not the windshield, you won't notice it. There hasn't been one person in the car that noticed this anomaly until I pointed it out. That being said, your gray is gonna do it also.
His decision on the interior color can now be an informed decision. I'd suggest he drive the car on a bright sunny day. It may not bother some people depending on their seat position and their body torso - moving the head/eyes in or out, up or down will certainly make a difference. It's a big enough issue that there is a class-action lawsuit ongoing right now over it.

Assuming everyone or even anyone is a "pampered high and mighty owner" comes off rather arrogant. You like yours - good for you. I bought one with a black interior just to avoid a light colored dash - it was quite noticeable to ME and IMHO would have created a hazardous condition if I was driving it under the wrong conditions. I noticed it all by myself - I had no one telling me about it beforehand. When I mentioned it to a salesman he told me the reason for the two-color interior, so apparently Porsche also recognized it.

Despite what you may think - yours isn't the only opinion here. Some of us "pampered high and mighty owners" have opinions too.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:42 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

lol, one can see the reflections or choose not to see them. The individual holds the power. Maybe my choice of words were not the best but when I see frivolous lawsuits and people complaining about their leather dash bothering them, it does sound like a bunch of whining spoiled people.

I look through the glass, not at the glass. I don't see the reflections when I drive.

Adapting to your environment is key.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:55 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

Not a fan of the pano roof. They squeak, leak and when (not if) they break it's a dealer job that costs thousands.

Also not a fan of the 4 zone hvac, it doesn't blow as cold AC as the standard 2 zone.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:12 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Doc - that might be true of the 955/957 series, but I can't recall any complaints about the 2 panel pano-roof on the 958 series. Can you point to any? And my 4-zone gets cold enough I could hang meat in the truck if I left it on full-high-cool (and there are "full cooling" and "high-fan-velocity" settings on a 958 4-zone system. Menu is buried in the PCM car settings menu. You can actually turn the AC temperature out the vents to warmer if you find it annoyingly cold, and still maintain cabin temperature.)

Since what he's asking about IS a 958, his experience is going to differ from yours.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,354 Likes on 677 Posts

thanks for the link
that looks like trouble....warranty needed for sure. But it sucks a manufacturer would allow it to get to this point

Like many before me, considering the Cayenne Turbo vs the BMX X5M. Looking at 2011-2013, seem to fall in the $45-55k range.

Pro's and con's to both
Old 09-25-2016, 07:03 PM
deilenberger
Banned

The X5M makes the Turbo look like a paradigm of reliability in every rating I've seen. Apparently the X5M is simply awful. No personal experience.. but it wouldn't surprise me a lot (own a BMW motorcycle which has been great, in the past owned about 10 BMW cars - which ranged from OK to awful for reliability.)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:12 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

I hate my BMW
Old 09-26-2016, 07:37 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

You will be hard pressed to find a CTT (958) without the pano roof that still has PDCC, premium package , etc.

I didn't order it with my Macan Turbo but am looking forward to having it in my, new to me, CTT also a 2011.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Watch out for the cam adjuster bolts on these cars, if they break you're screwed. The cam adjuster bolts were recalled for cars that are made in China but not anywhere else or at least not yet.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...a-on-camshaft-
Old 09-26-2016, 08:25 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Watch out for the cam adjuster bolts on these cars, if they break you're screwed. The cam adjuster bolts were recalled for cars that are made in China but not anywhere else or at least not yet.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...a-on-camshaft-
Definitely a concern although covered, from my understanding, under the emissions warranty so 8 years, 80,000 mile from in service date. I spoke with 2 service reps to confirm this.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jford
Definitely a concern although covered, from my understanding, under the emissions warranty so 8 years, 80,000 mile from in service date. I spoke with 2 service reps to confirm this.
There were quite a few over on 6speed that couldn't get their cars repaired under the emissions warranty. I wonder if they repairing these on a case by case basis?
Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan87951
There were quite a few over on 6speed that couldn't get their cars repaired under the emissions warranty. I wonder if they repairing these on a case by case basis?
I need to re read the threads there I thought only those past mileage limits were denied. Was quoted $3,000 for the preventative fix. Sound right?

Quick Reply: 2011 Turbo, anything to look out for? Options?