Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 CTT Head Unit and Bluetooth issue?

Old 07-15-2016, 04:44 AM
Glaze88
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 06 CTT Head Unit and Bluetooth issue?

Hi Guys,

I am just touching base re my Bluetooth of my 06CTT. It was working perfectly, but when I got a new phone it won't now connect to the Bluetooth. Anyone had the issue?

Also wanting to know if there is an upgrade to the head unit or an aftermarket option that will suit?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 323 Posts

My 06 CTTS doesn't have Bluetooth stock. I add a Denison to get that function. To my knowledge none of the OEM radios of that era have Bluetooth stock...
Old 07-15-2016, 12:32 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If you had BT with your old phone in an '06, the PO must have installed an adapter. Start by finding out what kind it is. Likely its a MOST add-on like Dension Gateway. Look for it near the CD Changer (Rear RH), then get the operation info from the mfr. website. I assume BT is backward compatible with all earlier versions but maybe not.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:17 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I have one of the old Mobridge Bluetooths in my '06 CTTS and just swapped from an Iphone 5 to a 5S and mine wouldn't connect either, tried just about everything. Downloaded the Mobridge update wizard and reset it and all is fine now.
If it didn't work I was trying to decide whether to get a newer digital Mobridge or get rid of the POS PCM2.1 (already on it's second head unit, first replaced on warranty in '09). I think I would have upgraded to one of the much better Pioneer or Kenwood units rather than trying to save a few bucks on a Chinese unit that probably won't get much support or updates over the years.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Glaze88
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This is exactly what happened to my Mobridge unit. Can you give me some info and where to find this and specifically what to do?

That would be great!!

Thanks

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
I have one of the old Mobridge Bluetooths in my '06 CTTS and just swapped from an Iphone 5 to a 5S and mine wouldn't connect either, tried just about everything. Downloaded the Mobridge update wizard and reset it and all is fine now.
If it didn't work I was trying to decide whether to get a newer digital Mobridge or get rid of the POS PCM2.1 (already on it's second head unit, first replaced on warranty in '09). I think I would have upgraded to one of the much better Pioneer or Kenwood units rather than trying to save a few bucks on a Chinese unit that probably won't get much support or updates over the years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 CTT Head Unit and Bluetooth issue?