Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resumption of Cayenne diesel sales, when?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:22 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Resumption of Cayenne diesel sales, when?

I'm in the market to replace my Hemi Grand Cherokee. I need to get out from under going to the gas station every time I get in the thing. It's not the fuel costs that bug me, it's the limited range and bad mileage due entirely to my driving it like a criminal. Partly because the crappy 5 speed in it is not programmed well for low speed driving (MDS cylinder management also a hassle).

Anyway, I'd love to get a Cayenne diesel. I've driven a diesel (loaner), an S and a regular Cayenne. That and just about ALL other new SUVs sold currently. I'm down to either a Range Rover Sport td6 or a Cayenne diesel. The RRS I can get today, from stock. The question is when will Porsche release the existing stocks of diesels from the stop sale?

That and, if I read the rumors correctly, there won't be a US-spec 2017 Cayenne diesel? I do like the later PCM features.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:41 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

If you read the thread about the diesel issues, the picture may be clearer by the end of July.

Interesting that you are not considering a Grand Cherokee diesel.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:20 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by visitador
Interesting that you are not considering a Grand Cherokee diesel.
Same small gas tank, mileage not all that better than Hemi given my driving style, tested during an overnight loan. That and wife likes Cayenne more.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:50 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 325 Posts

Dealers are selling them again, at least near me. Friend is looking for a cayenne and much to my surprise a local Porsche dealer has a '13 on their lot for sale...
Old 06-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Snipe656
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
Dealers are selling them again, at least near me. Friend is looking for a cayenne and much to my surprise a local Porsche dealer has a '13 on their lot for sale...
I bought a Cayenne S recently and I encountered a ton of dealers with the diesels out "for sale". The diesel is what I wanted but when I inquired on those at more than one dealership I was kindly informed they can only sell used/pre-owned diesels not new ones collecting dust on the lots. That was a few weeks ago so maybe something has changed since then.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:39 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Snipe656
I bought a Cayenne S recently and I encountered a ton of dealers with the diesels out "for sale". The diesel is what I wanted but when I inquired on those at more than one dealership I was kindly informed they can only sell used/pre-owned diesels not new ones collecting dust on the lots. That was a few weeks ago so maybe something has changed since then.
As of today they're still on a stop-sale. No new diesels being sold at the dealer. Same story the past week from two other Porsche dealers.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:35 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

I've heard by August from my dealer. But he was guessing only a little less than the rest of us.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:05 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skiahh
I've heard by August from my dealer. But he was guessing only a little less than the rest of us.
For a 2017 model with typical build lead times that would mean delivery, when? 3 months from order? 5 months, or more?

Quick Reply: Resumption of Cayenne diesel sales, when?