Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Power steering or PDCC leak? (958)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 01:39 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 566 Posts
Default Power steering or PDCC leak? (958)

I was fixing a clogged AC drain and noticed oily drops on gearbox and diff. It was too thin for transmission oil, so I decided to check power steering fluid.

I found there are two identical tanks on the right side - as I understand one is for power steering and the other is for PDCC (but I'm not sure). Which is which?
The one that's forward and right is way below min level but not dry. So it looks like whatever is connected to the rightmost tank is leaking, strangely so far back (almost near B-pillar).

There is nothing on the floor in the garage and two months ago nothing was wrong when I took it for an oil change, so this must be new.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Torre
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I was fixing a clogged AC drain and noticed oily drops on gearbox and diff. It was too thin for transmission oil, so I decided to check power steering fluid.

I found there are two identical tanks on the right side - as I understand one is for power steering and the other is for PDCC (but I'm not sure). Which is which?
The one that's forward and right is way below min level but not dry. So it looks like whatever is connected to the rightmost tank is leaking, strangely so far back (almost near B-pillar).

There is nothing on the floor in the garage and two months ago nothing was wrong when I took it for an oil change, so this must be new.
The "forward and right" one is the Power Steering -fluid.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:33 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Torre
The "forward and right" one is the Power Steering -fluid.
That was my guess, thanks! I wonder why the heck it would leak and why the fluid is showing up so far back - all the way under b-pillar.

Quick Reply: Power steering or PDCC leak? (958)