Sponsored by:

Cayenne Turbo misfire

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:39 PM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cayenne Turbo misfire

After replacing my cracked turbo, I am still getting these errors and a misfire.

The car has been twice to my local stealership and both times they didn't bother to correctly diagnose it. They just looked at the coil packs and said they are old, need changing. However they are new old stock and the fault does NOT move if I switch the coil packs with known good firing cylinders. The fault is always with cylinder 3.

Could this be injectors or something more ominous, eg low compression or valve problems?

Bosch Digital Motor Electronics 7.1.1

Current Fault Codes

P0016:

Crankshaft Position. Camshaft Pos. Correlation Bank 1 Sensor A - Value below lower limit value, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light

P0300:

Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light

P0303:
Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light
Old 08-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Tots
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried to replace the crankshaft position sensor? Looks like to me that the codes are pointing to it. All the other codes may be a secondary effect from it not working right.

Originally Posted by SpawnyWhippet
After replacing my cracked turbo, I am still getting these errors and a misfire.

The car has been twice to my local stealership and both times they didn't bother to correctly diagnose it. They just looked at the coil packs and said they are old, need changing. However they are new old stock and the fault does NOT move if I switch the coil packs with known good firing cylinders. The fault is always with cylinder 3.

Could this be injectors or something more ominous, eg low compression or valve problems?

Bosch Digital Motor Electronics 7.1.1

Current Fault Codes

P0016:

Crankshaft Position. Camshaft Pos. Correlation Bank 1 Sensor A - Value below lower limit value, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light

P0300:

Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light

P0303:
Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light
Old 10-22-2016, 10:55 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Moving your thread to the Cayenne forum where far more people will see it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo misfire