Sponsored By:

HELP...2011 CTT Infamous Water Leak Front Passenger Foot Well

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 105 Posts
Default HELP...2011 CTT Infamous Water Leak Front Passenger Foot Well

Ok, I've searched and found other threads discussing water leaks. My symptom involves drips of water on the front passenger floor when AC is running.

I have the wheel liner removed but have no idea which hose/tube that is prone to blockage and cause the leak. I did find water leaking from a black rubber part that is located on the fire wall behind a small heat shield. It has a rubber flapper that the water is coming from. Please see the pics. ANY HELP?
Attached Images      
Old 02-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I`d start by looking at the black rubber plug (which looks like a " + " if you look at in end on) close to the purple pipe in the corner of picture 4

This is usually full of debris (tree leaves etc) that cause the blockage - I was able to get my finger inside for a feel
Old 02-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Thanks...just checked that and it's clean

Originally Posted by Sniffer
I`d start by looking at the black rubber plug (which looks like a " + " if you look at in end on) close to the purple pipe in the corner of picture 4

This is usually full of debris (tree leaves etc) that cause the blockage - I was able to get my finger inside for a feel
Old 02-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

On my 2008 CTT there is a second vent that leaves the car right at the front of the sill underneath - Ive heard this can block too
Old 02-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

This might be worth thinking about too - clicky
Old 02-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

And this - clicky
Old 02-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

And this - clicky
Old 02-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sniffer
On my 2008 CTT there is a second vent that leaves the car right at the front of the sill underneath - Ive heard this can block too
This is what I`m trying to describe -
Old 02-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Thanks Sniffer. I will go for the 3rd "clicky".

What is the purple tube?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Back inside the car. Pulled the Cabin air filter and the bottom was soaked. There is a hose that goes into the floor board fire wall and its split. I think is the one that I seen on the other side dripping water.

Just picked up a new filter and ordered the hose. I'll post a pic later.

Troubleshooting still in work.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:19 AM
Sergey_123
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaks

I would like to tell that I have the same problem in Russia. I bought a PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO in July 2011. The Vehicle was serviced exclusively by the official dealer. Timely and complete maintenance was ensured in full accordance with the service guide. . However, in summer 2015 a blockage of drainage gutters under the hood of the Vehicle occurred (not by my fault). The existence of those drainage gutters was not mentioned in the technical description of the Vehicle. There was no access to them because they were deep under the hood and under few covers. The blockage of drainage gutters caused partial flooding of the interior of the Vehicle, as well as of electrical and other equipment under the front panel (including torpedo) and high humidity in the cabin, which led to significant damages to the parts and systems of the Vehicle:1. Breakage of the cabin filters;2. Rotting of the floor mat and flooring;3. Breakage of the S/U stove motor;4. Breakage of the relay of the pneumatic suspension;5. Corrosion and subsequent malfunction of the brake pedal (periodically not returning to the starting position);6. Corrosion and subsequent malfunction of the signal **** (periodically not returning to the starting position, the alarm is being triggered spontaneously and lasts for a long time);7. Failure of the air conditioner;8. Corrosion and vast deterioration in the quality of the upholstering;9. Corrosion of metallic body of the Vehicle under upholstering.The damage to the Vehicle as described above is irremovable and creates not only a bother but obvious hazard for life and health of the operator of the Vehicle. The damage occurred through no fault of mine but owing to abovementioned reasons. I ordered an independent expert report and it showed the drainage system was designed incorrectly. However, it did not convince Porsche representatives in Russia, they were neither helpful nor diligent in performance of their obligations. I went into court with them and they kept saying that the drainage system failure was not their fault and that it was ME who should have cleaned the drainage correctly. When NOTHING was mentioned in the guide for Porsche on this subject and NOTHING was mentioned that this issue needed specific attention, HOW SHOULD I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT? And when I took my vehicle for service each year just as it was mentioned in the service book they would never clean up the drainage and make respective remarks in my service book, so the official dealers themselves were acting unprofessionally towards my problem, they did not do all that was needed to protect my vehicle from harm caused by the leakage. My expert said that the drainage holes had not been designed in a proper way - they were too small and made of incorrect material that would not ensure the safe and timely clean-up of the system. Now I cannot use my expensive vehicle any more and it has been standing for years in my garage as I was afraid to use it for it is not safe for my health and for health and safety of others. What would you suggest me to do?
Old 12-14-2018, 08:09 AM
Sergey_123
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blocked Drains

I would like to tell that I have the same problem in Russia. I bought a PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO in July 2011. The Vehicle was serviced exclusively by the official dealer. Timely and complete maintenance was ensured in full accordance with the service guide. . However, in summer 2015 a blockage of drainage gutters under the hood of the Vehicle occurred (not by my fault). The existence of those drainage gutters was not mentioned in the technical description of the Vehicle. There was no access to them because they were deep under the hood and under few covers. The blockage of drainage gutters caused partial flooding of the interior of the Vehicle, as well as of electrical and other equipment under the front panel (including torpedo) and high humidity in the cabin, which led to significant damages to the parts and systems of the Vehicle:1. Breakage of the cabin filters;2. Rotting of the floor mat and flooring;3. Breakage of the S/U stove motor;4. Breakage of the relay of the pneumatic suspension;5. Corrosion and subsequent malfunction of the brake pedal (periodically not returning to the starting position);6. Corrosion and subsequent malfunction of the signal **** (periodically not returning to the starting position, the alarm is being triggered spontaneously and lasts for a long time);7. Failure of the air conditioner;8. Corrosion and vast deterioration in the quality of the upholstering;9. Corrosion of metallic body of the Vehicle under upholstering.The damage to the Vehicle as described above is irremovable and creates not only a bother but obvious hazard for life and health of the operator of the Vehicle. The damage occurred through no fault of mine but owing to abovementioned reasons. I ordered an independent expert report and it showed the drainage system was designed incorrectly. However, it did not convince Porsche representatives in Russia, they were neither helpful nor diligent in performance of their obligations. I went into court with them and they kept saying that the drainage system failure was not their fault and that it was ME who should have cleaned the drainage correctly. When NOTHING was mentioned in the guide for Porsche on this subject and NOTHING was mentioned that this issue needed specific attention, HOW SHOULD I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT? And when I took my vehicle for service each year just as it was mentioned in the service book they would never clean up the drainage and make respective remarks in my service book, so the official dealers themselves were acting unprofessionally towards my problem, they did not do all that was needed to protect my vehicle from harm caused by the leakage. My expert said that the drainage holes had not been designed in a proper way - they were too small and made of incorrect material that would not ensure the safe and timely clean-up of the system. Now I cannot use my expensive vehicle any more and it has been standing for years in my garage as I was afraid to use it for it is not safe for my health and for health and safety of others. What would you suggest me to do?
Old 12-14-2018, 09:32 AM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

I cut off the rubber flapper from the AC condensate drain piece. I don't plan on offroading through streams.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:41 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Sergey_123
Now I cannot use my expensive vehicle any more and it has been standing for years in my garage as I was afraid to use it for it is not safe for my health and for health and safety of others. What would you suggest me to do?
Dear Sergey_123 - welcome to the forum. I didn't copy your entire post since it was rather long (and might be more readable if it had a few paragraph breaks.) What would I suggest that you do? Not easy to answer since I have no idea of the laws of your country. Depending on the law perhaps you can bring some sort of legal action against Porsche or the Porsche importer for selling an inherently defective car.

Other than that - I would be thinking of getting rid of it and getting something I could use rather than leaving it sitting in a garage for years.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: HELP...2011 CTT Infamous Water Leak Front Passenger Foot Well