Sponsored by:

Chassis System Faulty - Suspension failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:00 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by sam.
thanks for your reply ,, i did remove the relays and put them back but the compressor didnt stop working so now am a get a new one its like 700 $ here but am afraid that the new one will burn too if i dont change the relay ?!
Replace the relay first, the cost will be much less than a new compressor. You will know that you have unplugged the correct relay when the compressor will not turn on.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:05 PM
sam.
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v10rick
Replace the relay first, the cost will be much less than a new compressor. You will know that you have unplugged the correct relay when the compressor will not turn on.
under the dash as in my pic you can see three relays none of them are for the compressor there are more relays far back and i didnt know how to reach and change those ,, now my compressor overheated and wont turn on at all after i disconnected it and the car changed from chasis system faulty to Warning chasis system am a get a used or new compressor and see if i will have the same issue with it
Old 03-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Vandalizer
Advanced

Revisiting this as I came across it with a similar issue related to the brown line. This duplicates part of a thread I initially started with an exhaust hose issue. So I apologize for putting this in two threads but I'm hoping the folks involved in this one can be of help.

The connector that goes between the brown line and the compressor broke when I was trying to disconnect the brown line. Please see pictures below. Can this part be sourced? Is it worth a trip to the Porsche dealer? Can I glue the pieces back together? If so, what type of adhesive should I use?

Thanks.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:01 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

It looks as if it would unscrew. I suspect finding a metric barbed/threaded fitting is possible - and you might even be able to find one made from brass..

Google: metric barbed hose fittings

Lots of hits. You'll need to remove the old one to figure out the thread size, and look at the hose that goes to it to figure out the barb size needed.

Lots of them at: https://www.belmetric.com/barbed-hos...930_1330_1372/
Old 03-28-2017, 03:07 PM
PartsGuyGT
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These guys seem to have an assortment of push-in style pneumatic fittings. I believe the one you need has an o'ring that has to be taken into account.http://www.automation-dfw.com/index....zzi-pneumatics . Wouldn't hurt to reach out to them.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Vandalizer
Advanced

Thanks for the ideas. I may have gotten lucky. I think I found the parts number on a Toureg forum:

7L0616725A " elbow fitting "

I'm going to order it up and see if it is indeed what I need. I'll circle back when it arrives and let everyone know if it is correct.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:12 PM
Vandalizer
Advanced

This was the correct part.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:55 PM
TurboS957
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same Red "chassis warning message", all air out of suspension, drove slowly home 40 miles. Removed all suspension related fuses found on both ends of dash fuse blocks. Managed to remove compressor mounting bolts and very carefully lower enough to get access to top side of compressor while supporting underside of compressor. Fitting as shown above had a brass to plastic fitting on main compressor outlet, the brass portion broke which appears to be a stress breakage. Purchased fitting elbow (Porsche calls "angled pipe") and just as a caution also the under dash compressor relay. Used a Irwin tools easy out to remove broken brass fitting from compressor while having shop vac to suck out any debris from compressor. Use the largest easy out that will fit to avoid going any deeper into compressor than necessary to avoid damaging compressor. Replaced fitting & underdash relay, reinstalled fuses removed earlier, after starting, took a while for the compressor to start and slowly inflate suspension. Functions correctly so far, appears I may have been lucky. Thank you to those on this board for their past experiences & info which helps tremendously.

Porsche part numbers:
955-358-725-01 - Angled pipe $12.32
955-615-010-01 - Relay $39.71
Old 12-27-2020, 01:13 AM
Jd_gts
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandalizer
Thanks for the ideas. I may have gotten lucky. I think I found the parts number on a Toureg forum:

7L0616725A " elbow fitting "

I'm going to order it up and see if it is indeed what I need. I'll circle back when it arrives and let everyone know if it is correct.
Sorry to bump this, but running into errors messages and discovered a leak in the brown hose elbow at the compressor. I was about to spend $500 on a new compressor but ran across this thread and ordered the fitting. Thank you!!!

Quick Reply: Chassis System Faulty - Suspension failure