Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best 958 Cayenne Turbo mods for under 1k? Under 2k? Under 3k? Under 5k? <10k?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:06 PM
KarlJC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsternewbie
video is just a video, doesn't mean he's selling it, could just be testing, and like I said ebay is full of scams.

If he was selling these parts then he would be selling them on the website, but he sells nothing for any Cayenne made in the last 6 years on the website. Why is that?
I dont think you should buy from Hanks or from Ebay, try another brand, just be sure to research the issues with their bypass pipes.

Have fun moding

Last edited by KarlJC; 02-03-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Nino Sita
Track Day

Originally Posted by boxsternewbie
video is just a video, doesn't mean he's selling it, could just be testing, and like I said ebay is full of scams.

If he was selling these parts then he would be selling them on the website, but he sells nothing for any Cayenne made in the last 6 years on the website. Why is that?
for the 958

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FREE-SHI...-/141889558525

same guy/shop

$545
Old 02-03-2016, 08:38 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some people are good at what they do and just not good at running their website.
Also - ebay gives a lot more exposure than a random website.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:23 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

added Performance Box RaceChip Chiptuning Ultimate - Porsche Cayenne (II) Turbo 368 kw 493 hp Turbo Gasoline (TB)
Old 02-09-2016, 12:29 AM
boxsternewbie
Racer

added VR TUNED ECU FLASH TUNE PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 958 4.8L V8 10-13
Old 02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
TurboS957
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your 958, just give Hank (owner of Hanksville HotRods) a call, very nice guy, he is a custom fabricator and probably just not had the time to update his website. I have his HHR 3" secondary cat bypass pipes (although not shown on the website) and I'm very happy with them.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:20 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS957
... I have his HHR 3" secondary cat bypass pipes (although not shown on the website) and I'm very happy with them.
Question:
I have a 958 CTT (2012). W/R/T Hanks products.... So I understand that I could go with either 2.56" O.D. -or- the 3" bypass pipe,.. but if I was NOT going to replace all the rest of the exhaust pipe (out the back), would it not be advisable to just stick with the 2.5" bypass?

In my case (keeping my mid-pipes & muffler), I would think that from a flow perspective, I would not want the exhaust gases to expand within the short distance of the 3" bypass pipe,... but rather stay within a 2.5" diameter pipe all the way out the back. Just asking.

TIA for the advice,
=Steve
Old 02-18-2016, 06:17 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

added Porsche 958 Turbo / Turbo S BMC F1 Replacement Air Filters
Old 02-19-2016, 11:23 PM
phemer
6th Gear

Hey guys - going to make the jump from silent stalker to contributor.

I just picked up an '11 958 CTT. So far I purchased Hank's 3" catless midpipes, Y-pipe and BMC air filters. The mid pipes arrived as described and looked great! To answer a question from above - the 3" pipe version doesn't require any additional connectors/reducers. It clamps onto the downpipes like the stock mid pipes and attaches to the rest of the exhaust just as the stockers do. For me - the sound is great. Barely noticeable. It sounds mean, however at higher WOT and during shifts. Outside that the CTT still basically sounds like a prius. The y-pipe does add a noticeable seat-of-your-pants difference. I'd say prob ~30ish hp. The air filters - don't know.

Sucks that it would seem almost nobody makes an actual intake for the 958. If so - I'd buy one in a second. I'm still hesitant to straight pipe my downpipes due not only to the massive change in sound but I heard dropping the motor is definitely required. And if i have to drop the motor than it would be foolish NOT to throw on some bigger turbos.

I have a (prototype) tune coming in 2 weeks w/ EvoMS. I guess the problem w/ the 2011 is the ECU encryption. Few places can 'actually' tune it although everyone advertises. The only sure-fire bet from my understanding is a piggyback unit which I'm not particularly keen on.

Also picking up some cheaper 22"s maybe next week and having the reflectors/tails spray tinted.

I've been looking at some aftermarket rear bumpers but it seems there is NOTHING cool looking that works w/ the tow hitch. That would be the dead end for me.

As far as diverter valves - untuned the ECU will lock you at .4bar during your long (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gear) pulls. Sucks. Tuned I may need some valves because the ECU has less restriction during these pulls.

Just my 2c.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:38 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Originally Posted by phemer
Hey guys - going to make the jump from silent stalker to contributor.

I just picked up an '11 958 CTT. So far I purchased Hank's 3" catless midpipes, Y-pipe and BMC air filters. The mid pipes arrived as described and looked great! To answer a question from above - the 3" pipe version doesn't require any additional connectors/reducers. It clamps onto the downpipes like the stock mid pipes and attaches to the rest of the exhaust just as the stockers do. For me - the sound is great. Barely noticeable. It sounds mean, however at higher WOT and during shifts. Outside that the CTT still basically sounds like a prius. The y-pipe does add a noticeable seat-of-your-pants difference. I'd say prob ~30ish hp. The air filters - don't know.

Sucks that it would seem almost nobody makes an actual intake for the 958. If so - I'd buy one in a second. I'm still hesitant to straight pipe my downpipes due not only to the massive change in sound but I heard dropping the motor is definitely required. And if i have to drop the motor than it would be foolish NOT to throw on some bigger turbos.

I have a (prototype) tune coming in 2 weeks w/ EvoMS. I guess the problem w/ the 2011 is the ECU encryption. Few places can 'actually' tune it although everyone advertises. The only sure-fire bet from my understanding is a piggyback unit which I'm not particularly keen on.

Also picking up some cheaper 22"s maybe next week and having the reflectors/tails spray tinted.

I've been looking at some aftermarket rear bumpers but it seems there is NOTHING cool looking that works w/ the tow hitch. That would be the dead end for me.

As far as diverter valves - untuned the ECU will lock you at .4bar during your long (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gear) pulls. Sucks. Tuned I may need some valves because the ECU has less restriction during these pulls.

Just my 2c.
get any before dyno numbers?

Is this the EvoMS tune you bought?

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=307
Old 02-19-2016, 11:42 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

strange that Hank sells a cold air intake for the 2010 but not the 2011+ considering they use the same 4.8 twin turbo. Guess Porsche moved things around so this won't work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SHIPPIN...kAAOSwI-BWPqUW
Old 02-19-2016, 11:43 PM
phemer
6th Gear

I do not have a tune currently and as soon as I get it on the dyno, I'll post the before (y-pipe, midpipes and air filter) numbers and the post tune numbers. I'm beside myself in anticipation. I am not keen on the piggyback unit because it just alters the sensors signals. I'd rather a more complete tune w/out having to fool the ECU, ya know? I mean the piggyback unit will def do the job - but just not for me.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:47 PM
phemer
6th Gear

Yeah I saw that for the 957. I guess the 958 airbox has a bunch of hoses that plug into the bottom for emissions so it's a bit trickier than the previous models.

Oh and a complete side-note. If someone loses an airbox clip (my 958 arrived w/ one missing) the BMW M6 airbox clip available on eBay is the same size. Like a glove.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:54 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Originally Posted by phemer
I do not have a tune currently and as soon as I get it on the dyno, I'll post the before (y-pipe, midpipes and air filter) numbers and the post tune numbers. I'm beside myself in anticipation. I am not keen on the piggyback unit because it just alters the sensors signals. I'd rather a more complete tune w/out having to fool the ECU, ya know? I mean the piggyback unit will def do the job - but just not for me.

which tune did you buy? Do you have a link?
Old 02-19-2016, 11:57 PM
phemer
6th Gear

I'm working w/ the guys at EvoMS. They have apparently cracked the encryption on the 2011s and want to use my CTT as a testbed. I will have the same tunes already available for the other years - however, currently, I guess few (or nobody) is able to ECU tune the 2011s. Evo will have first crack at it at first availability (couple weeks). I'd drop it off tonight if they were free but they are sadly booked up solid. :/

Quick Reply: Best 958 Cayenne Turbo mods for under 1k? Under 2k? Under 3k? Under 5k? <10k?