Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading up to a 958 GTS, a few ?'s

Old 11-28-2015, 02:43 PM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Trading up to a 958 GTS, a few ?'s

Hello and happy thanksgiving. I haven't posted on this forum for a while.
I am trading up to a 2013 GTS. Low mileage CPO car coming in from out of state so I haven't been able to drive this exact car. I was hoping to get a few responses to these questions:

1. How do you like torque vectoring plus?
2. Do these cars actually have some engine exhaust sound piped into the drivers seat?
3. How do you like power steering plus?
4, Do the ventilated front seats work well on a hot summer day?

thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2015, 09:32 AM
aljus
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm, hard questions. I have a 2013 GTS. answers:
1- what is that ? I don't know if I have that but the torque is plenty on this car

2- I think so. It sounds great when I floor the gas or start it first thing in the morning. It literally ROARS. Sounds much better than my 991.

3- Feels just fine....

4- I don't have the cooling feature on mine since the seats are the fabric type (alcantara/ suede) but I have this feature on my 991 which I would give it a 5 out of 10 as it cools just ok at best....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:36 AM
aljus
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

addition to answer #2 : By the way , I am forbidden to start the car while my wife is in the garage (not until she gets in the car ) as it scares the crap out of her......
Old 11-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Gages
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2. Been wondering what the flow like attachment under the drives seat is. Is it really for enhanced sound?
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2015, 02:52 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Gages
2. Been wondering what the flow like attachment under the drives seat is. Is it really for enhanced sound?
Turn the heater fan on high and put your hand back there.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Gages
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doh!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:37 PM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

From Truck Trend...

"Of all the Cayennes, only the GTS offers Porsche's Sound Symposer, comprised of membranes in the twin air boxes that, when activated, transmit certain raucous frequencies into the cabin through channels in the A-pillars, while, at the same time, a flap in the exhaust system re-routes gasses by one of the sound baffles to produce a rumbly, low-pitched scream. Then, when you lift off the throttle, a few drops of fuel are seeded into the exhaust system to produce the delightful crackles of a powerful engine revving down. "
Old 11-30-2015, 11:31 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aljus
hmm, hard questions. I have a 2013 GTS. answers:
1- what is that ? I don't know if I have that but the torque is plenty on this car
I believe he is referring to PTV+ which helps put power to the ground.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:22 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

I'll chime in on a couple Q's you have...

Originally Posted by CanyonBlaster
1. How do you like torque vectoring plus?
I've driven both PTV+ & non-PTV+ CTT's, and to be honest, the reason I could not tell the difference between the two, was because the PTV+ cars I test drove ALSO had the PDCC. The PDCC made a HUGE difference in how flat the car felt in cornering, and is what sold me to get that option. So it may be tough to find someone who has driven ONLY w/ and w/o PTV+.
But I WILL SAY, that having both PDCC & PTV+ has given me a THRILL when Autocrossing. This past summer was crazy how many PCA AutoCrossers came up to me & commented on how amazed they were at how flat the CTT was in cornering. All the 911 drivers were shocked.

Originally Posted by CanyonBlaster
4, Do the ventilated front seats work well on a hot summer day?
I absolutely LOVE my 14-way A/C seats. This past summer here near Baltimore was certainly hot enough to test them out, and they performed very well. The best test was when it was sitting outside in a hot parking lot, jump in, and see how quickly it would cool my backside down. I was happy. It certainly helps when it takes longer for the entire vehicle interior to cool down. But then again, I have never before had a vehicle with A/C seats,... so for me, it is new and makes me happy I have it.

I will also add, especially after just taking a 12+ hr drive (roundtrip) for Thanksgiving, and the wife sitting next to me needs to have (what she calls "Three Flames") the seat heaters on full blast, and yet I need it much cooler, and have three blue bars on the seat coolers. Even without the A/C compressor on, it really helps us maintain a decent cabin temperature (without having the dash fan blowers on radically different temps).

=Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trading up to a 958 GTS, a few ?'s