Sponsored by:

Only blowing hot air except when on "lo"

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 07:57 PM
markus8291
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Only blowing hot air except when on "lo"

My 2008 cayenne s only seems to have two temperature setting. When I have the climate control set to "lo", it blows cold air, as works normal and all of that. When ac is off, temp obviously depends on the outside temperature but at the moment it's pretty cold. As soon as I turn it up to 61 degrees however, it blows hot air only and does that the entire time. I'm guessing that maybe some kind of interior temperature sensor is faulty and therefore it always thinks it's cold. But hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and let me know if this is something I can fix myself or if it requires a dealer visit. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:16 PM
markus8291
AutoX

no ideas?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:43 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

I would look at the simple things first.

In a seprate thread, I shared my story of a dealership replacing a cabin air filter and not replacing the temp sensor in the correct place. My dealer finally ID'd the error and fixed it.

Have you checked all of the fuses even remotely related to the HVAC system.

Have you disconnected the positive cable to the battery and then reconnected to force a reboot of the many many computers onboard, some are related to HVAC?

Have you tested the battery and alternator output?

Some automakers design in failure modes. Porsche may have designed in a failure mode of no heat to 100% heat to defog and defrost until you can get to the shop.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:02 PM
markus8291
AutoX

Originally Posted by CAVU
I would look at the simple things first.

In a seprate thread, I shared my story of a dealership replacing a cabin air filter and not replacing the temp sensor in the correct place. My dealer finally ID'd the error and fixed it.

Have you checked all of the fuses even remotely related to the HVAC system.

Have you disconnected the positive cable to the battery and then reconnected to force a reboot of the many many computers onboard, some are related to HVAC?

Have you tested the battery and alternator output?

Some automakers design in failure modes. Porsche may have designed in a failure mode of no heat to 100% heat to defog and defrost until you can get to the shop.
I just recently had the battery and starter replaced and my alternator was also tested and was fine. I have not checked the fuses yet and will do that as soon as I get home.

I was trying to find the location of the interior temp sensor but wasn't able to find in. Anyone know where that might be?
Old 11-27-2015, 10:28 AM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

My 2011 owner's manual showed me my location. a small round red sensor to the right of the steering column.

There are also multiple sensors behind the dash in the duct work.

Quick Reply: Only blowing hot air except when on "lo"