Sponsored by:

Cayenne S Fuel issue

Old 11-11-2015, 10:48 AM
sgrenier35
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cayenne S Fuel issue

Hi all,
I have an '04 Cayenne S, +/-50k on the odometer. About a ,month ago we started having trouble after filling up with gas, the engine wouldn't start unless you stepped on the gas and kept the revs up for a few seconds once it fired. I had searched around and ordered the fuel tank vent check valve, but haven't had a chance to put it in yet. Today, my wife went to go to work and it would start normally, idle for about 10 seconds and then stall out. It would then start right back up and do the same thing. So after a few more searches it sounds like it may be the left side fuel pump. So looked up the fuses in the manual and found that both fuse 13 + 14 were labelled fuel pump. I pulled fuse 13 and started the car and had the same problem. Re-installed fuse 13 and pulled 14, the car started and idled fine. So I assume that this proves the fuel pump problem. Question is which fuel pump is it? part number?
Also how do I get to it to swap it out? I read a post on here that talked about looking under the rear driver seat and cutting out the perforation in the carpet to find the access panel. I looked and didn't see any perforations in the carpet. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:46 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

With an 04 I'm sure your right about the pump. The perforations are there but hard to find, I dont have the picture but somewhere I saw one posted.

Vent valve mainly seen after filling up with the engine running (for me) but the pumps do go
Old 11-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Fuel purge valve, alongside intake plenum is the culprit. Fuel cannot pressurize properly, until you force gas into engine. So embarrassing. Easy to install. Get it from ebay for under $90 and end the humiliation....
Old 11-15-2015, 11:29 PM
sgrenier35
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the left fuel pump and we're back up and running.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cayenne S Fuel issue