Sponsored by:

PCM 2.1 Dvd Map

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:05 PM
vchris1987
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM 2.1 Dvd Map

Sorry to start another thread regarding PCM 2.1 Navigation but after reading and reading here and other fellow Porsche forum I'm a bit confused.
Currently I have the 2007 Europe map and I managed to get a copy of a 2012 map but I am not sure if I have to upgrade my PCM unit.

The details are as shown in the pictures:

Sorry for the crappy Iphone photos

Do I need to perform an Update prior inserting the 2012 dvd??
Any input appreciated
Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

You have the latest software for PCM 2.1 according to the last TSB that I have so you are good to go. Just insert it and if it asks to update then do the update but you should be good to go. You won't hurt it by installing a later disc in an earlier one without the updates, it will just say unable. To be sure, when you first install the disc make sure your Cayenne is running or on a Battery charger so if it does want you to update from the disc you will have power to your PCM while it is running, if the Power management stops an update by shutting down in the middle of it you can ruin your PCM requiring a new headunit or at least having to return it to Becker for repair.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:18 PM
vchris1987
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
You have the latest software for PCM 2.1 according to the last TSB that I have so you are good to go. Just insert it and if it asks to update then do the update but you should be good to go. You won't hurt it by installing a later disc in an earlier one without the updates, it will just say unable. To be sure, when you first install the disc make sure your Cayenne is running or on a Battery charger so if it does want you to update from the disc you will have power to your PCM while it is running, if the Power management stops an update by shutting down in the middle of it you can ruin your PCM requiring a new headunit or at least having to return it to Becker for repair.
Thank you very much for your immediate respone. I appreciate it

Quick Reply: PCM 2.1 Dvd Map