Sponsored by:

2016 PCM and iPhone text mssg. syncing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
OK That's strange. The only other thing I can think is the fact that I am using the soon to be released OS 9 beta iOS on my iPhone.

Sam
That would be my bet. I tried the beta on my ipad and a few apps didnt work right...so I reverted. Do you have another iPhone with 8.4 on it you can try (ie wife, kids, etc)?
Old 07-29-2015, 07:14 PM
seafarer
Intermediate

PCM V4.75 and using iPhone 6 and 6+
Old 07-31-2015, 12:17 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
That would be my bet. I tried the beta on my ipad and a few apps didnt work right...so I reverted. Do you have another iPhone with 8.4 on it you can try (ie wife, kids, etc)?

No luck with wife's iPhone 5c either
Old 07-31-2015, 10:31 AM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Strange. Looks like others with your version of PCM have it working. Maybe find someone with an android and see if that works. Would at least confirm the dealers comment or that something may be wrong.

All that said its not like you are missing too much as you still have to click a few menu items on the PCM to get to the actual txt when you get one. Would be nice if you had the option to set it to just display when a new txt arrives instead of just an icon and then requiring you to go to the phone menu and drill down to it. Probably just as distracting as reading it on your phone when driving.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
Strange. Looks like others with your version of PCM have it working. Maybe find someone with an android and see if that works. Would at least confirm the dealers comment or that something may be wrong.

All that said its not like you are missing too much as you still have to click a few menu items on the PCM to get to the actual txt when you get one. Would be nice if you had the option to set it to just display when a new txt arrives instead of just an icon and then requiring you to go to the phone menu and drill down to it. Probably just as distracting as reading it on your phone when driving.
I don't get to see any texts even if I dig into the menu. I'll try my friend's Android phone. Thanks.

Sam
Old 08-02-2015, 04:25 AM
Kiety
Track Day

Try going into your iPhone's Bluetooth screen. Click the (i) icon next to your vehicles connection. Make sure show notification is enabled. Try again.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kiety
Try going into your iPhone's Bluetooth screen. Click the (i) icon next to your vehicles connection. Make sure show notification is enabled. Try again.
It worked

Thank you!
Old 08-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Kiety
Track Day

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
It worked

Thank you!
Great! I work for Lexus and we've run into the same thing all the time.

Quick Reply: 2016 PCM and iPhone text mssg. syncing