Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone else have a Cayenne on order, and have a moved delivery date?

Old 06-26-2015, 02:19 AM
b-man
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone else have a Cayenne on order, and have a moved delivery date?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this situation:

In early May (last month), I put a deposit down on a new 2016 model year Cayenne Diesel (here in the United States). I did a build online and sent the specs to the dealer. I think they told me I had the 2nd 2016 model year Cayenne Diesel that the dealership is getting. This is a "Premier" Porsche dealership if it matters.

I was told I could expect delivery to the dealership some time in July. The dealership said they could not be more exact than that. I was OK with this relatively open ended and non-binding delivery time because I understand that's just the way it is. This isn't my first custom build new Porsche.

I had not heard from the dealership since I placed my order. So I just checked in with them thinking the vehicle delivery might be a few weeks away.

The dealership just told me it should be here the first week of September. Does this make sense or do you think the dealership isn't telling me something (like they gave my spot to someone else or forgot to order my vehicle or something else)?

My understanding is that Porsche shuts down during August. But I have a hard time believing they could miss the delivery date by 2 months when the original delivery time was only 2 months away.

It seems pretty ridiculous and I am actually thinking about cancelling my orer and getting another vehicle (non-Porsche). Part of me feels like the long wait is OK for a special car like a GT3. But for an SUV, well, it's just an SUV and I can just get something else. A lot of companies make mid sized SUVs.

But if the dealership screwed me, maybe I should go to another Porsche dealership and see what their delivery time is like right now.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

* Ignore the possibility of me losing the deposit if I cancel my order because I am pretty confident I will eventually get it back (with or without litigation).

b-man
Old 06-26-2015, 04:04 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I ordered my '15 CD in March, they told me 3 months. I just took deliver and it was 3 months, almost to the day.

Most of Europe does shut down in August, so I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche does too, that would put it at 3 months plus the vacation month to September, which seems reasonable.

I think where the problem lies is that they told you 2 months so they wouldn't lose the sale.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pestered my dealership every week or two for status updates.

One thing you can do is to ask the sales adviser to send you a screen shot of the order status screen so you can track the progress. My SA sent that to me several times. Besides giving you all the detail on the remaining steps and dates, it will show the original dates and confirm if it is behind schedule or was just ordered late and still on schedule.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Atlanta_Cayenne
Track Day

Something does seem odd with the commitments from the dealer. Other dealers should have allocations for diesels. I was debating between the diesel and the S. I went with the S and have a much longer wait.

I put my deposit down in March. My build is actually scheduled to start today and finish next Friday. Wonder if it's too early to start bugging my SA. It's been a long 3+ months waiting to get to this point.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:23 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They know to the day when your vehicle will be built. Once the order is placed a serial number is assigned and the JIT system kicks in to allow suppliers time to deliver the required pieces on time. ALL manufacturers use a system like this. It's the only way they could build cars and not have a **** ton of inventory lying around.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:46 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b-man
I would appreciate any thoughts on this situation:

In early May (last month), I put a deposit down on a new 2016 model year Cayenne Diesel (here in the United States). I did a build online and sent the specs to the dealer. I think they told me I had the 2nd 2016 model year Cayenne Diesel that the dealership is getting. This is a "Premier" Porsche dealership if it matters.

I was told I could expect delivery to the dealership some time in July. The dealership said they could not be more exact than that. I was OK with this relatively open ended and non-binding delivery time because I understand that's just the way it is. This isn't my first custom build new Porsche.

I had not heard from the dealership since I placed my order. So I just checked in with them thinking the vehicle delivery might be a few weeks away.

The dealership just told me it should be here the first week of September. Does this make sense or do you think the dealership isn't telling me something (like they gave my spot to someone else or forgot to order my vehicle or something else)?

My understanding is that Porsche shuts down during August. But I have a hard time believing they could miss the delivery date by 2 months when the original delivery time was only 2 months away.

It seems pretty ridiculous and I am actually thinking about cancelling my orer and getting another vehicle (non-Porsche). Part of me feels like the long wait is OK for a special car like a GT3. But for an SUV, well, it's just an SUV and I can just get something else. A lot of companies make mid sized SUVs.

But if the dealership screwed me, maybe I should go to another Porsche dealership and see what their delivery time is like right now.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

* Ignore the possibility of me losing the deposit if I cancel my order because I am pretty confident I will eventually get it back (with or without litigation).

b-man
I was at my Dealer yesterday getting an DME update on my 2015 S and while I was waiting I talked to my salesman and another salesman who had gone to Germany to take delivery of a 918 with his customer. We talked about delivery of both Macan's and Cayenne's. Based on what they told me your delivery sounds about right. Be patient it's hell waiting. Last year I wasn't able to place my order untill July because of the facelift and it came in Dec.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:29 PM
b-man
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to follow up on this and get some thoughts from you guys.

I recently had another salesman send me the detailed order information for my vehicle. It appears to be a cut and paste of text from my current order status screen. There are at least a few things in it that concern me:

(1) In the order status information I just received, there is a line that says "V200 Delivery date determined", and the date next to it is the end of June.

I placed my order at the beginning of May (and gave them my deposit (actually a credit card #) at the same time). But as you can see from my original post above, I checked in with my salesman by email at the end of June (coincidently, the exact same day that is next to "V200 Delivery Date determined").

What exactly does the "V200 Delivery date" mean? Is this the day the dealership placed my order with the factory or can it mean something else?

What confuses me is that my Build Sheet (which I received from the dealer in early May, immediately after I placed my order) says "Vehicle Status V200 - Delivery date determined", but it has no date next to that. Does this simply mean that the dealership had not placed my order at the time they printed out the Build Sheet?

(2) The next line says "V250 Vehicle fixed" and that date is mid July. When I contacted my salesman at the end of June, I asked when the deadline was for me to have my order finalized because I might want to add another option. He said it was already frozen. Was that a lie?

If so, I assume he was just trying to make it sound like the process was further along than it really was.

(3) At the top of what the dealership just sent me, it says "Commission Number" with a letter and 5 digit number after it. This is different than the "Comm. No." that is on my Build Sheet (from early May immediately after I placed my order. Are these numbers supposed to be the same? What exactly is the "Commission Number"?

At the moment, it looks to me that the dealership did not place my order until 7 weeks after they were supposed to, and only as a result of me checking in with them. Maybe they forgot or gave my order slot to someone else or . . .

But before I get angry, I want to make reasonably sure I have a clear and complete (and correct) understanding of what is going on.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments.

b-man
Old 08-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Boostaddiction
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two different commission numbers would indicate to me that there were two different orders.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

My V200 and V250 dates would align with your dealer not BSing to you.

My V200 was after my lock date (I think that means that the build dates are confirmed with the factory and maybe V250 is the production start that). But regardless, both were after my order freeze dates. The V200 was 10/10/14 and ordered my card in August and had a late Sept freeze date.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone else have a Cayenne on order, and have a moved delivery date?