Sponsored by:

New Tires for 09 CTTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:43 PM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbit
I'm not just talking about EOL, unfortunately wear rate and grip level are inextricably linked in an inverse relationship. I have bought all of my Cayennes purely on their performance attributes, if I'd wanted a practical and reliable SUV, I would have bought a Landcruiser or a Nissan Patrol and spent 50% of my time in the desert.

Tyres are one thing that i would never skimp on; not everyone's choice, but it is mine.
treadwear rating is 400, which is higher than the p-zeros, and contis. You also have to have it aligned so that the toe and camber settings are putting the tyre flat on the surface. That is how I got as many miles as I have out of them. I also go off-roading with the WRG3 tyres on Cape Cod beach, logging trails, and RI beaches. They do well off road, and on road. They aren't 100% " ultra performance tyres. " but they are the best of both worlds. Esp for someone like me that lives in 4 real season weather ranging from -20+F to +110F weather or dealing with spring rains or the 9' of snow we received this year.

I can't stand or sometimes don't have the time/patients to deal with the cold season to warm season tyre swapping process twice a year, and having space to store the 4 somewhere, the Nokian WRG3 tyres are perfect.

Quick Reply: New Tires for 09 CTTS