Sponsored by:

Need pics of 957 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need pics of 957 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC

guys I need a huge favor. Does anyone have a pic of how your pdcc hoses underneath the car when its mounted in place by the oil filter? Preferably a 957 model.. When I changed my oil someone just zip tied it to a another hose on the car. I know this is NOT right!!

Last edited by VIPNiSS; 03-03-2015 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:23 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

I can get you a picture sometime this week when I change my oil. Essentially, there are two rubber-isolated bolts that connect to the middle and end of the PDCC hoses with a 10mm nut. It is a ridiculously fragile mounting and most have been torn off by an idiot changing the oil. My hoses were also zip tied to another hose. I epoxied the torn rubber mounts back together and hope they hold. I added a couple of zip ties to be safe.

You certainly don't want your hoses loose down there. There is a thread about a PDCC failure and a pretty expensive repair because the hoses rubbed through.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-03-2015, 12:47 PM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Thanks Tom. I have those two rubber things to keep the hoses from rubbing each other. However I can't see where it mounts. Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to those pics
Old 03-30-2015, 12:18 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Originally Posted by TomF
I can get you a picture sometime this week when I change my oil. Essentially, there are two rubber-isolated bolts that connect to the middle and end of the PDCC hoses with a 10mm nut. It is a ridiculously fragile mounting and most have been torn off by an idiot changing the oil. My hoses were also zip tied to another hose. I epoxied the torn rubber mounts back together and hope they hold. I added a couple of zip ties to be safe.

You certainly don't want your hoses loose down there. There is a thread about a PDCC failure and a pretty expensive repair because the hoses rubbed through.

Cheers,
TomF

tom did you by chance get any pics?
Old 03-30-2015, 01:59 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
tom did you by chance get any pics?
Sorry, I completely spaced when I changed my oil last week.

I will get out to the garage later today and get a couple of photos for you. Incidentally, my fix for the broken rubber mounts for the PDCC hoses failed. The high-temp epoxy simply didn't hold. I am going to fabricate an aluminum bracket that will hold the assembly in place. I have the hoses supported with zip ties for now.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-31-2015, 12:09 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

With work and a pregnant wife, regrettably I'm not allowed in the garage much... so I'm having to improvise...

Go to the link below and check out pics #7 & 8, which show the PDCC setup.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-pictures.html

This is nearly identical to the 957. Note the rubber-isolated bolt in pic 8- the is the one that is in the center of the PDCC lines securedwith a 10mm nut. Both of the rubber isolated bolts on my car were broken off. I attempted to epoxy them, but the fix failed. If the PDCC lines aren't secured and isolated from the other components, they will rub and fail, resulting in VERY expensive repairs. There is a thread about it here on Rennlist somewhere.

I am considering fabricating an aluminum mount that will solve this issue.

I hope this helps. Shout if you have any questions.

Cheers,
TomF

Quick Reply: Need pics of 957 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC