Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine misfire code help (2006 Cayenne S)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:11 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Default Engine misfire code help (2006 Cayenne S)

Hello there my fellow Cayenne gurus. I started the car (2006 Cayenne S) today and it was clearly evident there was a misfire present as the engine shook quite a bit while idling. In a few seconds the engine smoothed out and ran just fine. There was a check engine light that remained lit solid. I've driven the car several times today and everything was fine except the CEL light remained lit. I used durametric to get a scan of the fault codes and this is what it showed. I erased the coded and the CEL engine did NOT reappear after starting the car. Car runs perfect. Initially I thought I may have a coil pack or plug that is starting the act up but since durametric showed a misfire on ALL 8 cylinders, I'm not sure a coil pack or spark plug is the culprit. There is a VW part number 8SLVASN70000 and controller ID 0159 displayed at the top of the durametric page but not sure what that means. Any thoughts?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q9SuWZ]
Old 11-24-2014, 11:11 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Your battery or part of the charging system could be on the way out. Not enough voltage right after starting. There are a few fuses if pulled will trigger misfire codes.
Coil packs or spark plugs all bad is possible but unlikely.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Your battery or part of the charging system could be on the way out. Not enough voltage right after starting. There are a few fuses if pulled will trigger misfire codes.
Coil packs or spark plugs all bad is possible but unlikely.
That makes sense. Once in a while when I turn the key to start the car the starter does not turn the engine over. After I turn the key off and restart it fires right up. Might be a bad contact on the battery, starter, or something along those lines. Could that initially cause a voltage drop on start up though resulting in the engine misfiring for a few seconds?

Last edited by powdrhound; 11-24-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
That makes sense. Once in a while when I turn the key to start the car the starter does not turn the engine over. After I turn the key off and restart it fires right up. Might be a bad contact on the battery, starter, or something along those lines. Could that initially cause a voltage drop on start up though resulting in the engine misfiring for a few seconds?
Could be your ignition switch. I think there is also a brake sensor that could go.

Quick Reply: Engine misfire code help (2006 Cayenne S)