Sponsored by:

Brakes squeaking

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 02:45 PM
4x4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes squeaking

Got a problem on my 2008 cayenne turbo..
I replaced my OEM rotors and pads which were done to Brembo rotors and Textar pads, they were fine couple of first days but now squeak loudly just before stopping the car. This is getting pretty annoying, I have already tried going faster then usual and breaking heavily, but they still squeak. Perhaps there might of been an installation error, and the pads are not secured correctly?
Old 11-14-2014, 05:09 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you do the install yourself? Using the grease between the pistons and pad backs is pretty important, as is using new retaining springs.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:27 AM
4x4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local porsche service did the change...so I cannot comment on that. What I do know the springs were not replaced. Can the old springs cause the squeak? Isnt the spring just an aluminium plate or something like that? They also didnt replace the bolts.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:53 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm surprised a dealer service would skip on replacing the hardware. While I'm not convinced replacing the pins is necessary, the springs put pressure on the pads and can dampen the harmonics. At least, that's my understanding.

The grease also helps pull the pad away from the rotor when pressure is released as well as remove any possibility of noise coming from the pistons to the pad backer vibrating.

Quick Reply: Brakes squeaking