Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cayenne S e-Hybrid ?

Old 10-16-2014, 12:35 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default cayenne S e-Hybrid ?

After looking at the Macan Diesel as a daily driver, my countries tax legislation and the intro of the Cayenne S E-hybrid threw me a curve ball.
Allthough the rather substantial initial price difference, taxes now make it less expensive to run that Cayenne for 5 years than it is the Macan.

Since I never really looked at or considered the Cayenne ... any info and love for the new Cayenne S E-Hybrid on the forum ? Will it have some feedback left for the driver (unlike the Lexus hybrid). And will it be hugely more massive and unmanageable than a Macan ?
Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Do you need a bigger car? and do you have any issues with parking where you are in EU? If not, then Cayenne e-hybrid might the perfect car for you. It's not that massive.

In terms of feedback, it definitely is better than Lexus Hybrid, BUT, it will 100% be less than Macan, and with any Hybrid car, my biggest problem is the brake feel which is always different than regular cars though to energy recovery.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not going to get any actual feedback about the S eHybrid, as they are not hitting the streets for at least another month. I have one on order and am excited about it. Mine shows up around Christmas.

I would suggest you read about some of the feedback about the Panamera S eHybrid, as it is the same drivetrain. That will give you a feel for the Cayenne. Most of the feedback I have read (about the Pana) is very good.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes, I think you guys are right. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. Ah well, in a few weeks time it is available for testdrive. That will shed some light on the matter ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cayenne S e-Hybrid ?