Another air suspension thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 06:02 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Another air suspension thread

Howdy!

New to me ‘09 CTTS came to me with mismatched HL control modules. One yellow label (P/N 95563119400) and one white label (P/N: 95563119402).

so I got me a matching white label 95563119402, and off to the dealer to pay my P-tax and get them coded.

returns with the following:

Left HLCU codes:
774- Vehicle level sensor, rear left
776 - Vehicle level sensor, front left
1044 - Control module coded incorrectly

Right HLCU
1537 - Vehicle level supply voltage sensor
1044 - Control module coded incorrectly

the plot thickens:

The left HCLU was on the car, assumed in good working order (fired the headlight, but was not coded to the car) but had previously been soaked from a leaking headlight before coming back to life and the headlight comes on again. So it could be partially bent?

The right HCLU is the OEM salvage from eBay. Could also be bent/not sure?

or, could the HLCUs be fine and I have level sensor issues? Do the level sensors often get bent on these things? Are non-OEM replacements fine and work with the control units, or are more new Por$che parts in my future?

note the air system checks out fine on the tool, and seems to behave as expected (goes up and down, stays level, etc.)

my goal is to have this thing error free and working right. Where would you suggest I start?
Old 10-30-2022, 06:13 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Any guesses other than “buy four new sensors and two new control modules?”

how might you isolate possible issues here?

I suppose I can swap the control modules easy enough, then if the errors follow the control modules that’s one thing and vice versa…

I had already disconnected the front connectors, so they have been eyeballed and sprayed with electric connection spray. Might try that in the rears for good measure?
Old 10-31-2022, 11:27 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Anybody have a suggestion for where to start here?

are eBay knockoff level sensors just fine, or are there other sources? Is this more likely to be a wiring issue?

I remember one of the videos said not to rotate the sensor too much or it wil get out of whack… do they need to be “unwound” back to some zero? Can they just be calibrated?

thanks!
Old 11-03-2022, 06:39 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

LOL talking with myself here…

successfully swapped the controllers. The short follows one, and the level sensor codes do not. This makes sense as the shorted one was previously flooded by a leaky headlight and presumed deceased before it came back to life. Apparently only sort of (it fires the lights, but apparently the leveling circuit is kaput).

so, two oem salvage level sensors on the way. I am hoping to be able to hook these up to the connectors to verify they work, before actually R&R.

does anyone know if you can swap a level sensor w/o removing the UCA?

I also have an FCP Euro control module on order ($460) Hopefully that allows the coding, and Levelling and cornering lights that come with that.

Does anyone know a cheaper source for known-good headlight control modules?

I did order a (new) eBay one, but they replied that it will not code VIN nor do the leveling nor cornering functions. So it will go back. I’ve asked a few eBay sellers the same question… we’ll see. I’ve been scouring for salvage ones too… Dealer pricing is currently $800 ish. Wow.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 PM
jbrowning22
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That foxwell will **** up the coding in certain modules. It gave me the coded incorrectly code in the PSM and the ASCM. I bought ThinkDiag and a cheap android tablet and it was fixed in 20 minutes.

The first Thing I would do is get a ThinkDiag and stop using the foxwell.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:15 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbrowning22
That foxwell will **** up the coding in certain modules. It gave me the coded incorrectly code in the PSM and the ASCM. I bought ThinkDiag and a cheap android tablet and it was fixed in 20 minutes.

The first Thing I would do is get a ThinkDiag and stop using the foxwell.
hmmm, that’s the first I e heard of that with Foxwell. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-10-2022, 09:24 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Almost there!

unfortunately, the dealer missed the first time… but was quite generous and welcomed me into the shop with the foreman to resolve my headlight controller coding issues.

we went down a few blind alleys, but eventually found out they were enabled for both steel and air suspension. Resolving that seemed to get things rolling. I think we re-flashed them, set one from EUR to the correct USA/Canada region… it was a journey…

PIWIS is really slow.

so we rolled out with zero codes, using an OEM salvage and an FCP Euro sourced Non-genuine Porsche, but fully functional Hella unit. Or so it seems…

This may be my imagination, but I think the PASM functions better now. I think it reacts dynamically, and there is more diff between sport/normal/comfort. Could be all in my head.

BUT… No cornering lights dammit! They are there, the bulbs are fine, no error codes, just… no cornering lights.

any ideas welcome. Is there a coding step to activate them? Are there any diagnostic tools that will turn them on? (My Foxwell nt530 will turn on the main lights, the high beams, the brake lights… etc. but no option for cornering lights.

regardless, I’d like the car to turn them on, at the right times of course. It is currently as if it does not know it has them (no codes).

thanks!

(sending the eBay modules back. I did not have the heart to ask them to try to code them…)

Quick Reply: Another air suspension thread