Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Cayenne S stuck in 4wd PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:53 PM
jplumlee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 Cayenne S stuck in 4wd PLEASE HELP!

hey guys,

I have an 04 cayenne that has been running fine. Well we got a load of ice here in Texas and I had to get out in it. I put the car in the the low 4wd mode wich it seemed to do without issue but I thought better of it and tried to put it back in "regular" drive mode. However it's stuck in low. when I turn the car off and then back on, I try to turn off 4wd it does nothing for several seconds and then a "4wd system faulty" comes up on the screen. I've tried everything I know to get it back in normal mode but I'm out of ideas. So a couple of q's... Is there a way to manually take it out of 4wd? are there any fuses/switches or whatnot that could be the culprit? Could the unusually cold weather have anything to do with it not disengaging from 4wd? and finally what are the chances of it operating normally once the temp goes back up around here? I sure hope someone has some ideas

I'm a pretty good ways from any dealer and obviously naked.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

John
Old 12-07-2013, 09:24 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

go into neutral first
Old 12-07-2013, 09:58 PM
jplumlee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah tried that as thats what you have to do to engage it . Doesn't seem to make a difference
Old 12-07-2013, 09:59 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Try reversing for a car length, then go to neutral and select drive mode. Hopefully it's just crotchety from not being used. Else its probably something electrical.

Quick Reply: 04 Cayenne S stuck in 4wd PLEASE HELP!