Sponsored by:

DTC's - Need help - please look - 2005 CTT

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 PM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC's - Need help - please look - 2005 CTT

Hey guys, was hoping somebody could tell me what the heck is going on with my CTT. I recently had the coils changed under warranty from the dealer, probably about 5-6 months ago, and it was running fine until Saturday. I went out to the store and noticed that randomly when I stepped on the gas it wouldn't go and then would hesitate and then accelerate and seemed to smooth out. I drove it Monday and the CEL came on and I pulled the below codes. I've never seen so many codes before!!! What the heck is going on, anybody have any ideas for me? I notice all the codes say "fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light", I'm pretty sure I pulled this log BEFORE I cleared the codes...so why would it say this???

Bosch Digital Motor Electronics 7.1.1
Module Identification

Current Fault Codes
P1114
Hot film mass air flow sensor - Value below lower limit value, test conditions are not-completed,
fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light
P0300
Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed,
fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light
P0301
Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not
currently active and is not causing a DTC light
P0303
Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not
P0302
Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not
P0306
Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not
P0304
Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not
P0308
Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is not
P1150
Upper limit value exceeded, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not
causing a DTC light
P2225
System Off Idle Bank 1 - Upper limit value exceeded, test conditions are not-completed, fault is
currently active and causing a DTC light
P1157
Upper limit value exceeded, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not
causing a DTC light
P2227
System Off Idle Bank 2 - Upper limit value exceeded, test conditions are not-completed, fault is
currently active and causing a DTC light

Any help is greatly appreciated! Hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 PM
TozoM8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did any of these codes come back after you cleared them?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Originally Posted by TozoM8
Did any of these codes come back after you cleared them?
Not yet. I tried to drive it yesterday morning, mainly to see if I could get the CEL and codes to come back but it would barely move...throttle was choppy and hesitant and wanting to stall. I didn't have time to f@ck with it so I parked it.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try unplugging your MAF sensors and see if it runs better.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 PM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Yep, unplugged MAF and it idles better and runs better, plugged it in and it stalled.

Code "p1114 Hot film mass air flow sensor - value below lower limit, test conditions AE not-completed, fault is active and causing a DTC light" came back, so does this mean I need a new MAF now??

If so, where's the best (read cheapest) place to get one?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How old is your battery?

Dual battery cayenne?

A battery with low voltage will often cause a bunch of codes and poor running all at once.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:02 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Yep, unplugged MAF and it idles better and runs better, plugged it in and it stalled.

Code "p1114 Hot film mass air flow sensor - value below lower limit, test conditions AE not-completed, fault is active and causing a DTC light" came back, so does this mean I need a new MAF now??

If so, where's the best (read cheapest) place to get one?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...h/95560612300/
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Battery is good, pretty sure it's the MAF.

Vertex Auto in Miami has the best price around on the Bosch, I think they quoted like $115 and they're local, so I'm going to try cleaning them tomorrow night then if that doesn't work I'll drive to Vertex on Saturday and replace them.

Thanks for the help guys and I'll update what happens when I'm done.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 PM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Well I pulled the MAF that seems to be acting up and cleaned it...it actually ran worse after, of course it did...why didi. Think I'd get out of this for an $8 can of cleaner

So I'm headed to Vertex tomorrow. Question, what's that plastic nipple that sticks out the back of the air box cover? And how do you get the hose/fitting off of it? I couldn't remove the whole cover because of this so I just finagled it so I could unscrew the MAF housing and remove it from the snorkel tube.

Anyways, updates probably tomorrow afternoon, wish me luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Cole
Drifting

Do you have the dual batteries?

Only reason I ask is because if you do, one of them starts the car and the other runs all the electronics. So the car will start fine but you will get voltage drops on things like the maf, coils, sensors, etc because those things run off the other battery.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 PM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Originally Posted by Cole
Do you have the dual batteries?

Only reason I ask is because if you do, one of them starts the car and the other runs all the electronics. So the car will start fine but you will get voltage drops on things like the maf, coils, sensors, etc because those things run off the other battery.
Honestly not sure, I replaced the one under the seat and iirc the other wld be in the cargo area, right? I'm pretty sure I looked there and there wasn't one.

Anyways, I replaced the MAF this morning and all is fine now. I have to give kudos to Sid and the guys at Vertex, drove down there and picked up the MAF, best price I could find and it's an OEM Bosch. Took me like 20 mins to install no she runs fine now. I'm going to eventually replace the other one because it's always had a very slight rough idle and I want to see if that solves it. But for now she runs fine and no CEL.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Cole
Drifting

Glad it's fixed!

Quick Reply: DTC's - Need help - please look - 2005 CTT