Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Cayenne S - Transmission slip when crawling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Truth-Bag
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Cayenne S - Transmission slip when crawling?

Hi everyone,

I have an 05 Cayenne S that has served me well and that is very well maintained. I recently turned 150k miles, but the car looks and runs like new.

Recently, I have noted that when the car is cold, especially when stopped uphill, and slowly accelerating, that the car does not smoothly inch forward, but accelerates unevenly - what first felt as if some cylinders would occassionally misfire.

So I had the car serviced, replaced the spark plugs, and checked the coils - everything was fine, but the symptoms were the same.

I noted that the engine does not misfire in neutral.

Then, one day, again, the old uphill crawling issue - and, as I pulled out to the street, accelerated slowly, then simply took my foot off the throttle, the car even stalled! Error memory shows nothing.

All shifting is smooth when I drive faster - and I do not hear any clunks.

But my persistent problems are:

1) Slowly crawling uphill when cold - it fells as if the automatic transmission would slip unevenly - resulting in slight jerking and RPM drops.

2) When I accelerate from a stop and then simply take my foot of the throttle at slow speed - so that the transmission goes from accelerating to decelerating - it feels as if it doesn't let go of the engine, so that it takes a while for then engine to stabilize at idle, sometimes even stalling the engine. This is not as notable when the car is warm.

3) As I said, the engine checked out fine, so I sense something must be wrong with the transmission.

My guesses would be: a) Transmission fluid level - would a low tranny fluid cause my issues? It runs fine at higher speeds.

or b) transmission valve body - but I don't get any of the clunking or hard shifting issues.

Any educated guess? I really don't want to have to end up having to replace my transmission altogether....

Thanks for any hint,

Truth-Bag

Quick Reply: 05 Cayenne S - Transmission slip when crawling?