Sponsored by:

Got underboost error P2B01 in Durametric yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Got underboost error P2B01 in Durametric yesterday

So I was working on my headlight (corner light was out). The light kept off for a while. Decided to crank out the durametric.
Scanned for errors and noticed that there is a turbo charger underboost error.
Never PDd turbos before. Easy? Hard on this car?
Here is a pic of the actual error in Durametric:
Error: P2B01

Next clip is a vid of the boost pressure I see when in accerleration from stop and from rolling 55mph, to show the boost needle vs speed/rpm. Hope someone can comment if normal....does not feel like it since I was able to see the full .8 bar on the needle from what I remember. Given the error, there is something amiss for sure.
Click here for vid

Here are my questions:
1. From the did, pic and info, do I have a problem that needs looking into?
2. Where do I start now? Have of done any turbo PD, so want to understand where the areas of interest/possible issues are first.
3. Provided that there is something in need of replace, what would be parts/part numbers that would be first candidates to change?
4. Can someone show me what areas of interest are from a diagram, etc? Would like to know better where in car these parts are and how difficult they are to access (for example, to verify hoses, seals, tubes - which ones and where are they to verify)?

Appreciate any help you can give.

UPDATE (May 26):
WTF -
I decided to go to Durametric and download/install their latest version of the Durametric SW.
My old one was v.6.2.1.2 Beta from June 2012. The latest version I installed today is v.6.3.1.7 Official Release.

After I connected the car, noticed that I was not getting the underboost error.
Cleared the error from this module. Tried again, same, no errors at all.
Cleared ALL faults from all modules.
Went for a drive and out of the community, with PSM off just floored it to see if the error will come back.
On the way back home, did same - hard acceleration.
When came home, connected again to the newest Durametric. NO FAULTS. No turbo charger fault of any kind.

So I am stumped. Could it be the sw was using wrong parameters?
Based on the vid, is it expected to see boot at this level? I am no longer 100% confident that I saw .8 bar on boost gauge, but I think it could be due to what I am observing.
Those of you in the know, please let me know your views. THANKS!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by ciaka; 05-27-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:44 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a mysterious boost code as well; P0234 (over-boost). Except there's no check engine light. Instead, the glow plug icon comes on. It only happens on a cold engine, always after backing out of my garage, and always within the first 1/4 to 1/2 mile of gentle acceleration (and downhill at that). Weather/temperature don't seem to be factors. The glow plug light goes out after a simple engine restart, and may not happen again for weeks. About the sixth time it happened I decided NOT to clear it with an engine restart, and used my OBD2 tool instead. That's when I discovered (and cleared) the P0234.

Service manager says he never heard of such a thing, but then again there probably aren't that many 2013 Cayenne Diesels coming in for service yet. Given the conditions under which it happens, and the infrequency, I'm going with "false alarm" for the time being.

//greg//

Quick Reply: Got underboost error P2B01 in Durametric yesterday