Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European delivery

Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 AM
tomgpsu1
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European delivery

From reading the posts, many feel European tourist delivery and chance to visit factory sounds like a great experience.

Seems Porsche does not give discounts for European delivery, does anyone know what it cost to get European delivery for a 2013 Cayenne?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:47 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Thumbs up

Hi Tom
I have had 3 european deliveries
2 for 997tts in Zuffenhausen(Stuttgart) and the last one in Leipzig for my 2011 CT
I payed extra all 3 times,but now its free

Included is 15 days of European registration,insurance and roadside assistance
..with you paying for any additional time(up to 6 months) at a cost of about US1200$ per month
For any Porsche aficionado,visiting the place where your car is designed and built feels a little bit like coming home
The welcome in Leipzig turns into a very fun day
First you meet your car,then a driver takes you around their track for a few fast(or "hot" as they like to say)laps...with their youngest(and most talented)driver even fond of asking right away:"do you enjoy drifting?"
Then your driver takes you around their impressive off road track(about 16 miles)
Afterwards you head up to their panoramic restaurant(view of the tracks and grounds) for a delicious lunch
Then you are invited for personalized factory tour(mine lasted almost 4 hrs!)
And last but not least,being able to hit the Autobahn right after with your car feels priceless
Her's a pic of my CT in front of the iconic Porsche Leipzig customer center/shop/restaurant/museum
Name:  DSC00079-1.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  98.2 KB
Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerry joseph
Hi Tom
I have had 3 european deliveries
2 for 997tts in Zuffenhausen(Stuttgart) and the last one in Leipzig for my 2011 CT
I payed extra all 3 times,but now its free

Included is 15 days of European registration,insurance and roadside assistance
..with you paying for any additional time(up to 6 months) at a cost of about US1200$ per month
For any Porsche aficionado,visiting the place where your car is designed and built feels a little bit like coming home
The welcome in Leipzig turns into a very fun day
First you meet your car,then a driver takes you around their track for a few fast(or "hot" as they like to say)laps...with their youngest(and most talented)driver even fond of asking right away:"do you enjoy drifting?"
Then your driver takes you around their impressive off road track(about 16 miles)
Afterwards you head up to their panoramic restaurant(view of the tracks and grounds) for a delicious lunch
Then you are invited for personalized factory tour(mine lasted almost 4 hrs!)
And last but not least,being able to hit the Autobahn right after with your car feels priceless
I didn't realize it was THAT involved. I simply thought it was "Velcome to Germany, here are your car keys. Thank you and enjoy."

I'd like to do it someday, based on your description.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ +1...very cool, indeed!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Jerry is bang on!
Tourist delivery is an excellent experience!
Plus you get to tell people you picked up your car at the factory
Our next Porsche will be via European delivery!
I would highly recommend it to anyone buying a Porsche.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Rocci
Instructor

Driving the back roads of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, not to mention the Autobahn and some of the spectacular alpine passes is a great way to experience your new Porsche. Not to mention the opportunity to drive on the N-Ring. But be warned it is addictive. Cheers!
Attached Images             
Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 PM
tomgpsu1
2nd Gear

Thank you Jerry for pics and information- I agree it looks and sounds great. Your machine looks great as well!

i was told at dealer that there is currently a charge of $3000, surprised me since web site lists it as a zero cost option. BMW and Mercedes give you 4-5 % discount. I am curious if this is a dealer charge or a Porsche charge?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tomgpsu1
Thank you Jerry for pics and information- I agree it looks and sounds great. Your machine looks great as well!

i was told at dealer that there is currently a charge of $3000, surprised me since web site lists it as a zero cost option. BMW and Mercedes give you 4-5 % discount. I am curious if this is a dealer charge or a Porsche charge?
Tourist delivery is option TD5. Ask your dealer for a copy of the current ordering guide and check to see if a price is associated with that code. TD5 on the 2011 Cayenne S was $2250, same as on my '09 Carrera S which I picked up at the factory. On the Cayenne Turbo it was $4075. For 2012, as you point out, the configurator shows it as no cost. The $3K figure you are being quoted sounds like it was pulled out of someone's a$$, if you will excuse my French. There is no "dealer charge" associated with tourist delivery of a Porsche; I've done it 3 times. Check out a different dealer.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 PM
troppo
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am finalizing euro delivery on a 2013 cayenne and here is what I have been told:
-ED is no additional charge to the customer
-porsche charges the dealer 2995 for ED
-you can return the vehicle at many locations in Europe, but unless it is Stuttgart or Leipzig, a fee does apply
-also if you return the car anywhere besides Stuttgart or Leipzig, it will take up to 2 additional weeks to receive your vehicle stateside

Looking like Leipzig in early September-should be fun.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by troppo
-porsche charges the dealer 2995 for ED
That explains where the $3K number comes from but as you pointed out, that isn't supposed to be passed along to the customer. There must be some way that the dealer is compensated for this.....
Old 05-31-2012, 02:52 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Keep in mind you will drive too fast...and use too much fuel...

This weekend I used $260 worth of fuel in 3 days.

-Dana
Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaT
Keep in mind you will drive too fast...and use too much fuel...

This weekend I used $260 worth of fuel in 3 days.

-Dana
But you'll save that much in oil consumption later on as the engine will be broken in the right way.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Great Pics Jerry and Rocci!!
Makes me want to go back again now!

We paid the option price for ED (about $1200 CDN), there were no additional fees from the Dealer or PCNA for this option.
No idea why the dealer should be adding cost to take the order. It's a sold unit, with no possibility of return once you pick it up in Germany. No risk of sitting in stock as you can't bail on the order. Plus you get a customer with amazing brand loyalty!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993BillW
But you'll save that much in oil consumption later on as the engine will be broken in the right way.

you'll save that much when the car is down for a couple of days during its coolant pipe and drive shaft replacement.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got back in states after my European delivery of CTT and 15 day drive around Europe. The EU delivery is and should be free. The dealer does pay the $3K but they get extra allotment of a car so the profit they make over the $3K is just that=profit. I started a blog at: eurpor.blogspot.com but later just put the pictures on Picasa as we were too busy to blog. 7 countries, 3800 kilometers covered was fantastic experience.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: European delivery