Installed leistung cat back delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Installed leistung cat back delete

put them on this weekend. Not as easy as I thought. Maybe took three hours as of course all but 2 bolts were rusted solid. Sounds good. Not anywhere near as loud as I thought it would bdelete can only hear it when I flog her. Question to those with cat deletes- do you get a loud rattling north of 3500rpm? Is it normal.
Thanks
Caesar
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have read some comments of a metallic vibration on hard acceleration.. which is solved by a different muffler. I think it was on the manufacturer site for a tuning company. Wish I could remember the deets.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:28 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

All four Cats or just the rear's? I have the rear Cat delete on a '06 Turbo S and only slightly more sound on acceleration, but no rattling.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:37 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I knew i read it somewhere... from the leistung product page for the secondary cat.

The factory Cayenne exhaust sound is metallic/raspy and this bypass does seem to amplify that a bit, though not as much as the smaller diameter bypasses. The rasp is more apparent when the exhaust is cold, versus being driven until the engine/exhaust is at full operating temperature. It sounds much better from the exterior then the interior.
http://leistungmotorsports.com/955-c...ary-cat-bypass

They also sell this... which may be the "solution" IDK
Leistung Motorsports is introducing the resonated 2ndary cat bypass for the 955 (2003-2006) Cayenne S. Similar in design to the standard Leistung 2ndary cat bypass, the resonated bypass differs by adding a resonator to the bypass. The resonator is straight through free flowing design. The purpose of the resonator is to mitigate the amplified metallic rasp that is generated from removing the stock cat. In the stock setup, the cat functions as a resonator.
http://leistungmotorsports.com/955-c...ted-cat-bypass
Old 05-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

Just the rears. Damn should have ordered the resonated ones.

Quick Reply: Installed leistung cat back delete