Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS left all of the coolant on the highway, but that's not the issue...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 12:09 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts
Default GTS left all of the coolant on the highway, but that's not the issue...

So i guess this is my fault for not fixing this preemptively....
My 08 GTS decided to spray the highway with coolant from the back of the engine. But the post is not about that.... What i am pissed about is the damn tow hook that is in the kit with the jack and the rest of the goodies at the back of the car doesn't fit a single tow hook hole.
Like What The Freaking Hell?
Tow truck came, I open up the bumper covers try to get the tow hook in there and the bolt is two sizes bigger than the threads in the bumpers. Has anyone seen this or am I "especial"?
Old 09-19-2020, 09:02 PM
quight
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You know its a left hand thread, right? Or did some git before you put the wrong tow hook in? Not likely a porsche factory issue
Old 09-19-2020, 11:04 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by quight
You know its a left hand thread, right? Or did some git before you put the wrong tow hook in? Not likely a porsche factory issue
You beat me to it. The tow hooks are reversed thread, or left hand thread....I'd be surprised if the tow hook on your Cayenne was the wrong one.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:46 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

well i feel stupid, however, it still looked bigger than the hole in the bumper. i will doublecheck when car is done.

doing a laundry list of things while engine is out so shopping for parts
Main attraction is going to be new catless downpipes form HHR both flex pipes are burnt through. won't cost anything extra to install while engine is out, might as well at that point.
Don't worry im keeping the secondaries, i'm not complete *** and do care about environment a little

Quick Reply: GTS left all of the coolant on the highway, but that's not the issue...