Dealer Service Dept Sux

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Dealer Service Dept Sux

Hey there, I go naked on my Turbo in mid-March. I bought the vehicle from Hennessy Porsche with a CPO warranty and have been very pleased except for a few minor issues. The buying process at Hennessy was tremendous!!!

My local dealer feels that they are paying out of their own pockets for any warranty work and will not "help out" when I bring any issues to their attention. Case in point: I recently brought the car in for a "major service" ($1597) at 30,000 miles. I complained that it was running rough and had the "check engine" light appear twice. I wanted them to replace the coils under my CPO warranty. They did replace the ORIGINAL coils, to the tune of $560---they claimed that the diagnostic tool showed "no engine faults" and that since I was replacing the plugs with the service, I should also replace with the new updated coils. WTF?

This is the mentality of this dealer. I had hoped they would give me the benefit of the doubt and fix the issue on Porsche AG's dime---not mine. The same response was given to me for each of the other complaints I had listed---"no fault found" or "our tech felt that everything was within spec".

So, to make a long and frustrating story short, can anyone give me a recommendation on a dealer in the NY/New England/NJ area that has a service center that actually gives 2 ****s about its customers? One that would make things "right" by actually listening to the customer---any not taking the reading of a computer as gospel?

Ideally, I would bring my Cayenne into a service center prior to the warranty expiring, and have them go through it inch by inch, and fix whatever was needed. Is this reasonable or realistic?

Thanks for your help. I sense that this local dealer is not treating me as well as it could because I did not purchase the vehicle from them originally. If you do not feel comfortable posting names of the dealers who "get it", please PM me.

Mike
Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

But I thought you said it had check engine lights. If you get those, and they are misfires, then they needed to change those under CPO.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
But I thought you said it had check engine lights. If you get those, and they are misfires, then they needed to change those under CPO.
Yes, I saw the CEL on twice. The service advisor told me that their diagnostic tool did not show any misfires. My word vs his/computer = I lose.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by K964
This is the mentality of this dealer. I had hoped they would give me the benefit of the doubt and fix the issue on Porsche AG's dime---not mine. The same response was given to me for each of the other complaints I had listed---"no fault found" or "our tech felt that everything was within spec".

So, to make a long and frustrating story short, can anyone give me a recommendation on a dealer in the NY/New England/NJ area that has a service center that actually gives 2 ****s about its customers? One that would make things "right" by actually listening to the customer---any not taking the reading of a computer as gospel?
I think there is a fine line between dealer service and fraud sometimes. My A8 used to do weirdo things, that were cured with "reboots" (restarting the car), and I would complain about it to the dealer. They could never replicate it, so it just became something I had to live with. They believed me, but there was no proof they could provide to VAG, so they didn't really know what to replace or what to upgrade.

I'd check the TSB's for the car and see if you've had most of them covered that you think are important. At one point, I was having a problem that could not be replicated on the A8's MMI, and my service advisor told me "if you told me your Bose DSP settings weren't staying after you restart the car, perhaps we could upgrade the computer software." (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Turns out that there was a TSB for that issue, which called for all of the software in the whole system to be upgraded...it just so happened to fix a couple of my issues. It was a guess on their part, but one that couldn't be done according to VAG without asking the right questions.

Just a thought.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call my service advisor, Chris Martikke, 978.739.8807. Not sure how much he can help, but its worth the call.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K964
Case in point: I recently brought the car in for a "major service" ($1597) at 30,000 miles. I complained that it was running rough and had the "check engine" light appear twice. I wanted them to replace the coils under my CPO warranty. They did replace the ORIGINAL coils, to the tune of $560---they claimed that the diagnostic tool showed "no engine faults" and that since I was replacing the plugs with the service, I should also replace with the new updated coils. WTF?
This one is easy. Spend 10 minutes and pull one coil off from the drivers side engine bank (no special tools required). Take a picture of the long crack down the side of the coil with your phone. Email to service advisor and set up appt. 8 new coils on PCNA's dime will be in your future.

I did this well before I ever had any CEL - always watch out for your own pocket book. This part is flawed and PAG knows it. They should replace it no questions asked.

Good luck...
Old 01-23-2010, 02:28 PM
928FIXER
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Even easier....just unplug the connector on top of the coil until CEL comes on,plug back in and drive to dealer.Bingo,a new set of updated coils.

Quick Reply: Dealer Service Dept Sux