Sponsored by:

AUTO TRANSPORT - AVOID VIP

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
vyper340
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUTO TRANSPORT - AVOID VIP

This is a warning to any and all members looking to find automotive transport. I heavily suggest avoiding a company called VIP or Advanced Logistics or Lgistics. The person I dealt with was Barry Pollack and these New York accent characters are absolute crooks. Thanks GOD I did not actually use them to move my car as they are trying to get the car now and I fear if they do they will someone be stealing it.

I'm not sure who to call about this issue as these guys seem to be true criminals and were trying to call the owner in the middle of the night to get an address when the address was already provided to the company. There is something wrong with this whole thing and I'm not sure which law enforcment activity to contact.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Wow..... Sorry to here about your troubles. Hope you get your car okay.

Don't know how to help you, but you can always get good service from Intercity Lines or DeMoise.......... We've used them many times.

You can also go to www.transportreviews.com before choosing a shipping company. It's pretty interesting.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In the future try Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS).
Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 AM
vyper340
Pro

Originally Posted by RJT

Wow..... Sorry to here about your troubles. Hope you get your car okay.

Don't know how to help you, but you can always get good service from Intercity Lines or DeMoise.......... We've used them many times.

You can also go to www.transportreviews.com before choosing a shipping company. It's pretty interesting.

Thanks. I actually found that site before making my final decision and chose Hilton Auto Transport who had one of the highest ratings. It is a good site and after this issue with Advance (VIP) I looked them up and they had a HORRIBLE rating. No chit I say! I added to their horrible rating to say the least plus contacted the BBB and filed a complaing and contacted the law to file a complaint as I feel they were trying to get my car and use it to make me pay more money to get it than was discussed in the priliminary stages. My advice is to definitely use www.transportreviews.com
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Let us know how everything goes......

BTW: we use DeMoise trk-ing now. GREAT COMPANY with PERFECT service. We used to use Intercity Lines all the time, but the last few times they just couldn't pick up our cars in the time frame that we needed. Maybe they just got too big??
Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 PM
jeremy77
Intermediate

Or Muscle Cars Transport (http://www.classiccartransport.com/). I recently shipped my CS from New York to Seattle. Took about 1.5 weeks, and the customer service (Lisa) is very professional. In addition, their shipping fleets are all closed carriers.

When the driver dropped off my CS, I saw a 47 Ford Convertible in his carrier. All parts original, and has less than 1,000 miles. He also mentioned that he's going to pick up a RR Phantom the next morning. I was feeling pretty good knowing that this company takes of cars in that caliber.

And yes, as JoAnne said, I found them on http://www.transportreviews.com.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:27 PM
vyper340
Pro

Just an update:

I filed a BBB complaint and found they were judged "unsatisfactory" by them from previous dealings.
I filed a complaint with the FBI for insterstate commerce voilations
I filed a review on www.transportreviews.com letting everyone know what kind of crooks these guys are http://www.transportreviews.com/comp...-logistics.asp
Filed fraud complaint with credit card issuer for unauthorized charges

Perhaps this will get their attention!! Anything else I can do to make their life a living hell is my intent so pass along any other good ideas to help others looking for auto transport to avoide these scum bags.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:25 PM
ALPINE_997
Instructor

Vyper - not going to mess with you. Now I am afraid to take that baby out for a spin I might have the FEDs after me if I get a rock chip. Forensics proved that Alpine did in fact cause the chip in your paint Mr. Vyper

Glad that you found a solution to get your SUV transported. Good for you on the filings. You can't ignore it and not mention to others. It is the only way to stop these type of crooks.

So when is the ETA now?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
vyper340
Pro

ETA is mid next week. Although this thing has 540HP I am curious to know how it will feel compared to my 550HP 911 Turbo. I'm guessing it will do sub 5 sec 0-60 times and it will feel like a brick **** house with some serious power.

I've owned X5's and many other SUV's so this should be an interesting page in the book that's more like a novel on my car/toy purchases. It should provide some fun and thrills for the next couple of years as my daily driver to the airport and back...
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Intercity, Intercity, Intercity.
I never mind waiting to work around their schedule, nor paying the extra $100 for a front/top load.
My Cup car was never started, rolled on, rolled off. Fantastic service, excellent communications/tracking/proper tie downs used.

They are currently transporting the wife's 'new' 993 Targa from AZ....of course I'm stuck in Florida due to Boston flight cancellations, so hopefully she'll be home in time to accept delivery.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:30 PM
ALPINE_997
Instructor

I would have to agree that Intercity has had more great reviews by many people. They would have been my first choice since they seem to be the first choice for many members here and 6speed.

Vyper - glad you are working it all out.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
PorscheJ
AutoX

try these uys www.motoragetransport.com Brett is the best of the best. Flat loader and all.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
That's a great site. And some horror stories about VIP. I guess I've been lucky choosing transporters almost at random on availability and price. Good grief. And yes, for a new or important car, working with a company like Intercity and negotiating to reduce their price to a competitive level (usually just by agreeing on a longer time point to point) is a lot less of a worry than messing around with these types.

Quick Reply: AUTO TRANSPORT - AVOID VIP