Sponsored by:

Pics of Victor Equipment Lemans 22's in black

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:29 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of Victor Equipment Lemans 22's in black

So yeah a road hazard shredded my stock tire, so I figured it was time. Was going to just do 20's, but they seemed too plebian.

here's the wheels:
http://www.victorequipmentwheels.com/

Lemans series in black. What do you guys think?

Here's the pics (Not the best pics, I was in a hurry, but you get the idea)...now we have pics of these wheels in both chrome and black.

Oh yeah I am aware that I have an odd color for Cayenne. Sorry guys...haha

Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 AM
charlieXS
Pro

HOT. Lookin REALLY good. What size tires? 285/35 Toyo's??
Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 AM
alcantara
Advanced

They're 265/40ZR-22 Toyo Proxes...good tires but I don't recommend them for all season...like I said I live in Vegas, but they're smooth, grip well, and quieter than the pirelli's I had before.

Thanks for the compliment! I was thinking about lowering it, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Very nice man!! try HandR springs,.. i dont recommend techart or eibach very stiffy..
Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Lookin' good. Do you have PASM? If so, do you find that switching to comfort setting smoothes out the ride? If you do not have PASM, how does it ride with the 22s?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:03 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Steel suspension...rides pretty close to stock...on bad roads of course it feels a little stiff, but only the driver notices
Old 07-12-2006, 02:15 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by alcantara
They're 265/40ZR-22 Toyo Proxes...good tires but I don't recommend them for all season...like I said I live in Vegas, but they're smooth, grip well, and quieter than the pirelli's I had before.

Thanks for the compliment! I was thinking about lowering it, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality.
Really? That's 30.5" tall... the tallest tire I've ever seen on a Cayenne. Look great, though... probably why you have such a good ride quality! Lots of sidewall!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:18 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Steel suspension...rides pretty close to stock...on bad roads of course it feels a little stiff, but only the driver notices
That's great. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger on 22s, because I have the steel suspension myself. I have considered the 20" Sport Technos, but the 22s really look nice. You are inspiring me...

I have heard good things about the H&R springs too--almost 1.5" lower. They are available through Brandywine Porsche for $400 on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 07-12-2006, 02:19 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Yeah I know...and to be honest with you it concerns me a little bit only because it's taller than stock. To be honest with you when I purchased them from the local shop they just used their in store computer to determine which tires to run. From the sounds of it I may be going back...

I'll keep you guys up to date on what happens. I like the ride of the tires, but if I'm better off with a stiffer tire then I'll be taking these back.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Guys go H&R, here's how it looks lowered with techart/eibach on my old S.. handles well actually better than sport mode on pasm, look at the cars i drove with on the 3rd pic, they were in shock.lol .. but man it's harsh.. you were warned..lol
Attached Images    
Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by charlieXS
Really? That's 30.5" tall... the tallest tire I've ever seen on a Cayenne. Look great, though... probably why you have such a good ride quality! Lots of sidewall!
Oh, that's right--good point Charlie. No wonder those wheel wells look filled out. Any issues with the tall height?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:25 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Originally Posted by STATMAN
That's great. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger on 22s, because I have the steel suspension myself. I have considered the 20" Sport Technos, but the 22s really look nice. You are inspiring me...

I have heard good things about the H&R springs too--almost 1.5" lower. They are available through Brandywine Porsche for $400 on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Well I'll keep you up to date on what happens with these current tires. According to most tire calculators, I'm 3 mph off at 65 mph. I suppose you shouldn't trust the techs at the tire shop even if they are the managers. He said they were the recommended tires, but even the company's website says they recommend 285/35 size. The 265/40 seems to be great although I want peace of mind.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

And get it from tirerack , theyre the cheapest..$310
Old 07-12-2006, 03:20 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Cool thanks for the tip Alex...I plan on getting the H&R springs, but who does the install? Dealer? I wouldn't be happy about paying their rate for it.

Also, other than alignment were there any camber issues? How about shocks? Do they need to be upgraded as well, or are these springs good to go with stock shocks?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:27 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Cool thanks for the tip Alex...I plan on getting the H&R springs, but who does the install? Dealer? I wouldn't be happy about paying their rate for it.

Also, other than alignment were there any camber issues? How about shocks? Do they need to be upgraded as well, or are these springs good to go with stock shocks?
No camber issue here.. you can use the stock shocks..theyre pretty new..
Labor should be around $300 shop around..
If you have money the best is KW coilovers.. here's a pic
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Pics of Victor Equipment Lemans 22's in black