Trans. thump noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trans. thump noise?

Hello,

After a month of ownership, I am sorry to report that I am experiencing typical issues with me C-S. A little disappointing to say.

I am getting a thumping noise from my tranny that I have not read before here. I spoke to my dealer, and the service advisor stated that "they all do that". Just wondering, anyone here have this problem.

I would be coming to a stop from say 40mph, the car slows down to about 2 to 5mph, then I give it gas to go again (like rolling stop at a stop sign), and THUMP...it feels like someone rear ended me, and the car accelerates again. This happens only once in a while.

My service advisor said that it's normal and that I just happen to give it gas between gear change (??), and that is why I hear the thump.

Any thoughts?? Thanks in advise for your advise.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's possible the driving style memory is causing that. I get it in the morning from a cold start...the car stays in first gear to a higher rpm then thumps into second. Try resetting the driver memory.

Turn ignition to ON , but don't start engine, for 60 seconds, then OFF for at least 10 seconds. Then start engine and allow extra idle time before driving off.

They also had a TSB ecu reflash for the slow turn lurch when turning and then could also thump. I had my done and I don't get the lurch or thump anymore...

Quick Reply: Trans. thump noise?