Notices

997.1 GT2 Turbo Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Camisade
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 GT2 Turbo Hoses

Looking for recommendations on high boost turbo hoses for my GT2.

Background: I track my 2008 911 GT2 -- a lot. My performance tunes include a Sharkwerks tune, lightweight flywheel, polyurethane motor mounts, upgraded clutch, 3.5" GMG exhaust. Under the increased boost of the Sharkwerks tune, I've been blowing turbo hoses (from the turbo to the intercooler) off with way too much regularity. They always blow off at the turbo and once that happens, the hose is usually ruined -- that can cut a track weekend frustratingly short.

So, whose hoses do you use to prevent this? I've had some luck moving to a 991 turbo hose clamp, which is better than the 997 OEM one, but I'm really looking for a stronger, more reliable solution. I've also had a problem blowing off the coupling between the Y-pipe and the throttle body, but think we've licked that problem by taking some of the flex out of that coupler link with a reinforcing strap, since no one seems to make a stronger coupling for the GT2 (which isn't the same part as the 911 Turbo coupling, due to different throttle body size on the GT2).

Follow-up: With the stronger turbo hoses installed, is there danger of cracking the OEM intercoolers or have y'all found this not to be a problem?

Thanks for any help you can suggest!

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT2 Turbo Hoses