Notices

Fabspeed or Comparable Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 03:14 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fabspeed or Comparable Air Intake System

I have a 2009 C2S with manual tranny. The only mod I have is a Sharkwerks center muffler delete. While I thoroughly enjoy the performance the 3.8 provides me, I was hoping to squeeze out a few more HP. Is anyone familiar with the modified air intake systems available and do they make a noticeable difference? Any pros or cons to replacing the stock air box?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:00 PM
2fnquik
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the Fabspeed carbon fiber competition intake system installed on my C4S for a year and a half. There is a very nice increase in intake noise and it looks fantastic (many positive comments at DE events). Without any dyno data, I can only go by feel and there was no noticeable change in power. The cone filters are very easy to clean. I removed it as I am selling the car (and the intake if anyone is interested) The install of the intake and heat shield are very easy.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 AM
der Geist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could someone correct me if I am wrong? I too think that they look awesome, they really dress up the engine bay and I would agree that they probably do increase the intake sound in a positive way but they don't have an airtight seal from the engine bay do they? Am I correct to assume the heat shield can stop "most" of the heated from the engine air but not all? So while increasing air flow (I assume) wouldn't putting one of these on your car actually be a wash since whatever gains would be gotten from the air flow would be offset by the hotter,less dense air being sucked in from the engine bay? I wonder if there is anyone who has a before and after dyno showing a gain in HP.

I'm still tempted to buy one just because of how great they look but there is no way I'm paying a grand for something I will only see when I change the oil.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed or Comparable Air Intake System