Notices

996 C2 Headers

Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 PM
ldrhoades
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 996 C2 Headers

At the risk of setting off a firestorm. Anyone have experience with headers on their normally aspirated 996? My son found a set of Schnell (SBHBASIC) headers for $299 and bought them for me (Merry Christmas). The build quality looks ok, welds not as nice as Fabspeed products, but a fraction of the price so I won't complain. They're installed on my track only car with f-speed cat deletes and mufflers (sometimes muffler bypass pipes, but they are too loud, even for most race tracks!). They headers noticeably changed the sound of the car. Haven't had it on the track yet. Vendors post big hp gains. I'm just wondering if there are any real world seat-of-the-pants dynos out there?

As a reference point, when I run bypass pipes I've had other instructors swear I'm making more power.... Honestly, I wonder if it's not the sound-hp placebo effect (as my son would say).

No need to talk me out of them as they are on the car, and for less than 3 hundo including shipping, I have no regrets as they look and sound great. I would appreciate any real world (track oriented) impressions. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 PM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IDK about schnell but there are some marginal gains to be had with headers. I unfortunately don't have dyno sheets at my disposal but our cars pick up a few ponies with 997 S headers, fabspeed, yadda yada.

Dont expect it to be more than a few WHP.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can you get under the car with a set of calipers and measure the OD of the primaries, as well as the OD of the pipe just before the 3 bolt flange? I can give you a good estimate what they are doing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 996 C2 Headers