Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recaro Sportster CS Sport Seats from GMP Performance

We just wanted to take a minute to share these with you, as we've being working with them a lot lately.

The RECARO Sporster CS seat is modeled after the design aesthetics of world-class racing seats, but it’s all street legal. The integrated headrest with belt pass-throughs, aggressively bolstered shoulder, back and thigh areas and sleek cover designs make Speed the ultimate in a “street legal” performance seat.

RECARO Ergonomics: Each Recaro seat is designed to support the natural S curve of the spine. The human body isn’t designed for long periods of sitting. Recaro seats are designed to align the spinal cord in its most natural and healthy position. Your back muscles will actually become more relaxed the longer you sit in the seat.

Ultra Thin Reinforced Fiber Backrest: Sleek molded backrest offers superior ergonomics, unique styling and interior space savings.

Integrated Lumbar Support: Proper lumbar support is an integral part of the comfort of an automotive seat. RECARO’s proprietary lumbar support technology provides superior comfort and support.

Bearing Mounted Seat Cushion: Built-in shock absorbing system ads unbelievable comfort.

Shoulder, Back and Thigh Bolsters: Driving in a RECARO seat isn’t all about correct sitting, it’s about performance too. The pronounced shoulder, back and thigh bolsters will keep you firmly in place under the most aggressive driving situations.

Adjustable Backrest: Easy manual dial mechanism moves the backrest into the correct and comfortable driving position.

Integrated Head Rest: Integrated headrest is designed with belt pass-throughs for 4 point belt harnesses for a sport appearance.

Built-in Adaptor: Seat adaptors are built into the seat to giving the seat an authentic racing seat look.

Seat Back Release: The seat back release is integrated into the belt pass-through area for a clean look. Moves the backrest forward for easy access to the rear seat compartment.

High Quality Foam Padding: The entire seat is lined with thick, dense high quality foam, adding to seats sport feel and ensuring long lasting support.

Upholstery: RECARO chooses the best materials for its covers and then sews them with precision, assuring the seat will look great for years.

Color Options:

Click HERE for Pricing and more info.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

i have such a seat, for a street/track car it is a great option - it reclines and collapses.
downsides are - in USA market it does not come with a ventilated/heated/airbags options like in europe.
base of the seat does not have a hole - so you will need to run more expensive harness like teamtech jetpilot that has antisub belts but gets hooked to 4 points only. other than that - great seat, i like it a lot.

it offers pretty good support, alsmost comparable to proper shell.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We can get them Heated/Cooled now
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
We can get them Heated/Cooled now
can it be retrofitted into existing seat or is it a factory-time only option? i would love to do cooled seat and connect it to a heater button in my 997, that would be awesome.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I will ask...Recaro is being a little tight-lipped on pricing and specifics
Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

thanks! pls PM me with results. when i ordered mine it was done directly from factory and back then none of options were even available. my seat is in black leather.
if they can supply cooller vent assembly and let know of price to redo seat base (if needed) it would be great.
if you speak to them directly - tell them that recaro looses a lot of market by not having an option for seat base with a hole in it for typical 6pt harness.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
pojefferson
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can you tell me about the measurements? Can I mount them in a 1988 911? Is there a way I can calculate the seat height from the floor?

Quick Reply: Recaro Sportster CS Sport Seats from GMP Performance