Notices

experience with afterpart body parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
dk996gt2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default experience with afterpart body parts

Does anyone have experience they can share about aftermarket body parts from companies such as GT Racing, RevoZport, ESTA, Shaw Design, etc?

Are the pieces well made?
How's fitment?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost all of the aftermarket fiberglass and CF body parts will need a little prep work to fit and look good. Pretty normal stuff any body man can repair and fit it just takes some extra time (money) to do. Do not expect to buy aftermarket, and just ber able to paint it and install it. Count on a few hours of prep and fitment.
Over the years I have used Getty, GT racing (when Hank ran it), Shaw, and some other misc CF guys.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Almost all of the aftermarket fiberglass and CF body parts will need a little prep work to fit and look good. Pretty normal stuff any body man can repair and fit it just takes some extra time (money) to do. Do not expect to buy aftermarket, and just ber able to paint it and install it. Count on a few hours of prep and fitment.
Over the years I have used Getty, GT racing (when Hank ran it), Shaw, and some other misc CF guys.
+1

The only body parts that needed no prep at all were my carbon doors. Lids are the worst especially if you are going for factory fitment and tolerances.

Quick Reply: experience with afterpart body parts