Notices

997 race seats......what fits??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:05 PM
motomodz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 race seats......what fits??

I want to install race seats in my 997S......I have been told that Porsche installs an OMP seat in their race cars and I would imagine the euro GT3 seat could be made to fit.

Has anyone succesfully fit one of these or any other race seat in their 997? were you able to use factory brackets / sliders, etc? I am 6' and 235 lbs. so I need something similar in size to a Sparco Evo 2 or a Recaro Profi SPG XL. I plan on installing 5-6 point harnesses and currently have a B-K harness truss installed but would not rule out installing a tequipment roll bar if necessary.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
HHPorscheTech
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I have seen people do to the 997 gt3 is install the 996 gt3 racing seats. There is no physical difference between the seat base sizes on a 996 standard/gt2/gt3 and a 997 standard/gt2/gt3. That being said using factory brackets to put a race seat in is a no go, it would take some work and it would raise the seat to high. You can use 996 gt3seat rails and hardware to put the seats in or even the sliding rails that sparco sells will fit to. The trick is mounting your seatbelt to the seat or the rails with a sparco and getting to the buckle. Also with some installs it requires a little modification of the coding in the various controlunits of the car to elimnate the airbag light due to the lack of signal from the side airbags, and if you have AWS (automatic weight sensing) on the passenger side. All this can be done with the Porsche PIWIS tester.

Quick Reply: 997 race seats......what fits??