Notices

Update on KFP Magnum Brake Pads

Old 05-27-2002, 11:51 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 161 Posts
Thumbs up Update on KFP Magnum Brake Pads

I promised to report. Background... '88 944 NA driven daily but runs about 15-20 DE days per year. Was crumbling Metal Masters in a day or less at the track. Tried KFP Magnum Carbon/Kevlar Gold (0.50 COF) this year.

I've run a DE at Blackhawk Farms and one at Road America so far. Both of these tracks are notoriously hard on brakes. I have used about 1/3 of the front pads. They hold up to the heat very nicely, have not faded under duress, and dust no worse than the MM's did. They do shriek like banshees in low speed stops around town, but that's the price of admission. At half the cost of Pagid Orange (which are not available for my winky little NA brakes), I'm pretty pleased so far.

Let me know if I can provide further feedback to anyone considering these pads. No commercial interest, just a happy customer, blah, blah, blah.

Keep the shiny side up,
Old 05-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Matt
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been using these pads for quite a while and agree with Dave's positive review, except that I do find that they will fade when really pushed. The addition of cooling ducts helped that problem a lot, however.

They last pretty well, are not hard on rotors, and the price is reasonable. I get them from Paragon. Jason told me that they are actually the old "Cool Carbon" pads under a different name.

Matt
Old 05-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Peter Kelly
Advanced

I too have recently tried KFP gold pads on my 89 carrera. I ran them at mid Ohio last month. I ran Hawk blue's last year.

The KFP gold's require noticealbly more pedal pressure than the Hawk blue, so much so that I am going back to Hawk Blue for my next DE.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:54 AM
RLGarage
6th Gear

Been using these for years on my 911's, exclusively on track. They last, stop the car very well indeed, and are rotor friendly.
YMMV
Old 10-31-2019, 02:35 PM
Bravoaloha
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Everybody

I have been a long-time user of KFP pads and was having trouble finding them online so I added them to my inventory. If you're looking for a set they can be found by following here.

See you at the track!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Update on KFP Magnum Brake Pads